Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys ready to race or what. B mainbandit and I were able to test last week ,the new jump is cool,ready to trade some paint,plastic,graphite,whatever.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i hate rain

what do yall think about racing this sunday(10th)

[This message has been edited by Shonuff (edited 03-04-2002).]

B

·
0 Posts
Yo! That new jump kicks _ _ _ ! Nice Job
BTW, sorry I did'nt help out, I came out
but no one was there? I heard everyone came later in the day...

Anyway I'm up for a race this sunday or just
some bashing around, I could some more practice on that big_ _ _ jump.

Later

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea this Sunday looks good so far for fare weather.Do you know if theres gonna be a race schedule printed out maybe with some rain make-up dates.

·
Registered
338 Posts
we should start this coming up sunday and do every other week. This puts us opposite of debs, so some of the gas guys can come run electric too

i talked to rusty earlier. Everyone needs to call him and ask to race this weekend. We also need to call everybody that races there to let them know about racing this sunday(10th)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Now the forecast is just saying partly cloudy for Sunday, high of 55. It looks like it we're gonna have the weather!! I'll be talking to Rusty today. Might even practice a bit this afternoon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Fun Stuff

That was a blast!

I'd really missed that track. That jump adds alot of fun.

Looks like Jady can still drive. He almost ran 17 laps while feeling like crap!! That sucks. ;) We shall double our efforts. Cool to see some new blood in stock truck. Wayne and Charlie were both quite fast for their first race at a new track. I hope they had a good time. I hope they had a good enough time to drag some more racers over to our little track. I think our new schedule planned will enhance turnout as well. By moving to Saturday mornings the schedule won't interfere with any racing at Debs in Va Beach or Tidewater RC in Hampton. That way gas guys and carpet guys can come get some as well. Let me clarify though: Only electric off-road at Stream.

If anybody would like to pitch in.... The dirt outside the track needs to be moved off the grass, and preferably into the holes and ruts that have developed. If you go to practice, try to bring a shovel if you're able. Every shovel full helps. I plan on going at least twice to do a little maintenance before the next race on the 23rd. If anyone wants to try and get together for that, by all means post here. It would also be nice to rake the whole surface, reface the jumps, and finally roll it out nice and smooth. Anyone have time next weekend? When we did this last year, the track held together well for quite some time.

Jady should clarify: Narrowed brush MVP. Thats the key point. It's like a P2k without the devil. LOL.

Get Dirty

Chad

·
Registered
338 Posts
i will be out tuesday thru thursday movin dirt

this new site is cool, it emails you when someone replies
youre post. The things we can come up with

sunday was very cool--i hope everybody can still come out
saturdays and play

·
Registered
524 Posts
Throw that dirt Shonuff! And when you're done reface the jumps, rake, roll out and water the whole track. Then call me when you're done, so I can practice. Just kidding.

·
Registered
338 Posts
didnt get do do as much as i would have liked today, but
some dirt down where it wore over the weekend.

I have completly changed the track in bodidos line, every
place else is the same though

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would be hard to mess up my line being it is from rail to rail. I think i could do just as good in the grass feild for part of my line. oh yea that reminds me i need to glue my front tires on????ha

·
Registered
338 Posts
i think josh knight and dave williams will be racing with us on the 23rd.

I wish everyone could have heard the mess talking last night. It was increadible

·
Registered
60 Posts
a guy from Houston TX call the shop and said, he will be in the area on the 23rd. He will be racing with us, also he deals with dirt track so he give me a couple tips. Next time we re-do the track mix in so peak moss, it will hold moisture in, also get tire shaven from a tire place and spread that in

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tire shavings, huh?

Interesting.

Saturday is getting close.... Can't wait. All this rain is sure to be helping the track some. Hopefully it will hold together a little better than last time. I think that was the worst it has ever rutted up.

I did like the quick water between rounds. It didn't seem like it slowed us down as far as getting all the heats run quickly. Plus the traction was consistent for me all day. And it was never wet enough to cake the tires. Very cool.

I'd like to try raking out the track and rolling it some day this week. Hopefully I can get out of work early enough to make it there 4ish one of these (non-rainy) days. We'll see.

We might have to do stock and mod truck this week. We're gonna have a better turnout for trucks this week almost guarunteed. I know Josh and Dave are itching for a grudge match, and some guys just might not want to be in the middle of that, especially if they happened to see them go at it with tc's a little while ago. BRUTALITY! We'll see how it looks race day. I'd hate to see three mod trucks and three stock trucks for mains. That would be, in a word..... Silly.

That said.... You're all going down.

Later

Chad

1 - 20 of 1251 Posts