Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded my tv to LCD and boy does it make a difference on my xbox360. Just wondering what other people are using and what problems they may have run into.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i might be wrong but i'm looking at the back of an "gen 1" x box 360 and i don't see a place for a HDMI cord, the HDMI is the only way to get 1080I picture. i heard the new or "gen 2" x box 360 has the HDMI slot, so if you think the picture is good now , just wait untill you see it in 1080i format.
i've been playing my PS3 on my 52" LCD with out a glitch. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running my gen1 Xbox360 in 1080i connected through component. Maybe it isn't true 1080i, but it still looks good. I'm using a Samsung LN-T3253H and I'm very happy.

I don't know if I want to replace my xbox360 with a new one just to get HDMI unless it comes with a larger HD as standard.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yuk17bandit said:
i might be wrong but i'm looking at the back of an "gen 1" x box 360 and i don't see a place for a HDMI cord, the HDMI is the only way to get 1080I picture. i heard the new or "gen 2" x box 360 has the HDMI slot, so if you think the picture is good now , just wait untill you see it in 1080i format.
I think you mean 1080p (it can do 1080i via component or VGA), and it's only an issue with movies in 1080p. I think it was the spring update that added 1080p (for games only) via VGA cable. Now that the Elite is out (and soon the gen. 2 Pro and Core) have HDMI (tho I think it's only HDMI 1.2), it's all good.

Currently using a Sharp 25" CRT, hoping to upgrade to Philips 47" LCD by tax refund time.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
I picked up a used VGA plug for my 360 and am going to see how good using a flat panel computer monitor works. If I like it with my Acer 19" I may purchase a 22" widescreen computer monitor to play. Does anybody else out there use a monitor? I do not need the monitor to watch TV or anything so I figured I could spend less on a moniter than on a LCD or plasma TV. I also do not like playing on a huge screen.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
EvilWays said:
Currently using a Sharp 25" CRT, hoping to upgrade to Philips 47" LCD by tax refund time.
I have the Phillips 47" LCD, and i hate to say it but go to walmart, you'll save about $600 by not getting it at bestbuy. I dont have my 360 hooked up through HDMI either and it looks stunning

·
Registered
414 Posts
PS3 using HDMI cables and Wii using component. Both hooked directly into a Mitsubishi 65" DLP, with 5.1 sound from a Sony receiver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts