• VOY's Voyager

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we know the Scorpion is coming, we know the NX-01 is coming (eventually) and we now know a 1/350th TMP refit E has been announced for production. Also, I think it's rasonably safe to say that a 1/350th TOS E is the one thing we all really want to see next and I reasonably sure we'll get it eventually.

Having said that what is the kit you'd most like to see next?

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^ Note: I understand that there are some other subjects that some might prefer like the TOS Botany Bay or Deep Space Station K-7 or something else, but I only had room for ten options.

:)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
TOS' Shuttlecraft Galileo - In 1/35th scale
With detailed interior, and figures. The figures
can be generic to cut down on the cost of
licencing.

James :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
As the proud owner of all 7 seasons of DS9, and been working on my Ertl Defiant for the last week, I would love to see a more accurately detailed and a WAY better fitting Defiant.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
TOS Galileo in 1/24 scale with interior and figures. It would be 14.5" long given the 29-foot figure that seems popular nowadays. 1/35 is too fricking small, and already been done by both AMT and Resin Ranger. Bigger is better. Plus, with the Scorpion at 1/24, it would be better to make future shuttle releases in constant scale.

For next year's 1/1000 snap kits I'd like to see the Enterprise-D and the Reliant.

For the next 1/350 kit, I'm torn. I desperately want it to be the TOS E. But I think PL would be better served marketing-wise to produce the K'Tinga, to go along with the 1701 refit in the same scale. I also would love to see an accurate 1/350 Reliant, but I can wait a couple of more years for it.

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like six of the ten possible kits listed as well as a couple I couldn't list. But my first choice has to be a 1/24 scale Galileo. The next 1/1000 scale kit I'd like to see is TOS' Romulan Bird of Prey. Both of these are something we've never had good kits of.

I'm heavily TOS biased and so there are a few other kits I'd like from there, but I'd be happy with the remainder in whatever order they may follow.

:)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
John P said:
TOS Galileo in 1/24 scale with interior and figures.
Put that way, it has to be my first choice. A decent TOS bridge, though, exactly as John diagrammed it here once...

Generic figures for the shuttle? Good idea - one of the gk aftermarket guys can do a set of heads!

I'd like most of those listed - never cared much for the Voyager design or the Enterprise D, but I'd love an Enterprise E. I'd love to have a good Reliant or Defiant in 1/350, but I wonder if the Defiant is popular enough to support the price of it in that scale.

Didn't care much for the Excelsior at first either, but it's grown on me. One of those would be good down the line.

The K'Tinga as the next 1/350...aw, man, the very thought makes me swoon.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Poll after Poll shows that it's mostly three ships that are popular in either scale.

TOS E
Reliant
K'tinga

That'll keep PL busy for the next 18 months.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
BIG Lursa & Bator! BIG Lursa & Bator! BIG Lursa & Bator!

James :lol:

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I would love to see the TMP K't'inga in 1/350 (or within 10-12% of that scale) ;) to go with the refit. I would buy at least three (they travel in "packs" of three, you know) to start with. At slightly over 24" long and nearly 17.5" wide, it would be most impressive.

There is, of course the given TOS 1701 in 1/350.

The D would be great in 1/1000, but I imagine PL, for the time being, anyway, wants a low price point for that scale, so we probably won't see that one until near the end of the run on that scale. With a length of 24" and a dish 18" wide, it would probably cost as much as the 1/350 scale kits and be as much or even more complex, what with all those zillion windows it has.

Definitely a Galileo in 1/24. After all, PL's gonna need a subject that will sell in that scale after the disappointment with the Scorpion.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I would love an accurate 1/24 scale Galileo! And a 1/350 K'tinga! And yes, I suppose I'd definitely get an accurate Reliant! I know it will be a while, but I'm still hoping for a 1/1000 scale refit E.

You know, I'm still mystified concerning the reason(s) PL decided to produce the Scorpion. Dave M has said there was no contractual reasons, so I guess it's just that he and others thought it would make a cool kit. I don't think it will sell well, but I hope I'm wrong. Still, in an attempt to support the Trek line of kits, I'm sure I'll buy two.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
dreamer said:
Generic figures for the shuttle? Good idea - one of the gk aftermarket guys can do a set of heads!
Nah, I'd say go with a Kirk and Spock figure at the controls (real models, NOT prepainted dolls!). Let the aftermarket guys do a Commodore Mendez; the cast of "Galileo Seven," and a screaming William Windom. :lol:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
YUP!! a 1/24 TOS' Galileo Shuttlecraft would be just fine and dandy!...Just think of the Diorama possibilities!

You could do it as a Back studio lot dio with a 68 Vet parked next to it?

FAR OUT BROTHERS!

PLEASE PL here this one! :wave:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1/24 TOS' Galileo Shuttlecraft!!! That was my vote. I think it would be great to do a little hanger deck scene. Of all of the Trek kits which have ever been available, I think the AMT shuttle craft was the most botched/most unsatisfying. I still have a half butchered kit someone that I gave up on trying to fix it up.

Beyond that, I'd like to see something like a TOS "Little Guys Of Trek" set, which would include a DY-100/500 (Botany Bay), a couple of Tholian ships, an Aurora, the Melcotian Bouy, and so on. I think we could probably skip the Trek ships which were represented as glowing globs of light and the Fesarius. It would make more sense to me to do these as a set than have individual kits of each and to make them 1/350 to display alongside a PL TOS-E (whenever that comes along).

John O.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Kazon Torpedo!!...whoops, scratch that. How's about a nice Delta Flyer? With a flight deck and maybe a couple of figures for the inside. Since we're wishing. I already have the ship flown by Commissioner Bele. :)

Rogue

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Delta Flyer would be great! I guess 1/24 would be too big for that, though. Maybe 1/72 to match Ertl's Runabout?

Shuttle I'd like to see in 1/24 are:

TOS Galileo with Kirk and Spock figures*
TMP with or w/o Vulcan warp sled
TMP travel Pod with Kirk, Scotty & Sulu figures
ST:V assault shuttle with Sulu et al*
Work Bee with pilot, opening door & various attachments
TNG soapbar shuttle (first season) with Yar & Picard figures*
TNG Type 6 (Justman) with Worf figure
Voyager speedboat (type 9) with Paris & Janeway figures*
DS9 Chaffee (type 18) with Sisko & Jadzia

NOT that hideous little shuttle "pod" from TNG

All of the above with full interior detail, and figures should be kit figures, not pre-painted dolls!

*= my favorites :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
>Work Bee with pilot, opening door & various attachments

Definately a Work Bee!!!! and with the various attachment should also be some cargo pods to make a cargo train. Now that you mention it, I'd almost rather have the Work Bee before the TOS Shuttle. Of all of Trek's space ship designs, it is the most plausible and appealing to me because of its blue-collar nature.

John O.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts