Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best stuff to use to polish bodies (that won't affect decals) ?

Windex ? Something else that's better ?

Thx!

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jdearhart said:
I've been using Pledge furniture polish. Doesn't hurt decals and smells lemon fresh! LOL!
I think Zubie uses that too .. LOL.. I've smelled that by his pit :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Castle Products #c1656 Bright Knight spray polish !!
Use on both the inside and outside of the body , no white residue
and tire marks , dust wipes right off .

The Busch cars use this to remove rub marks as it takes the rubber off paint but causes NO harm to the surface or decals.

800-876-0222

H

·
0 Posts
Pledge, and some of the automotive brands of instant waxes, McGuires - Mothers, Turtle Wax. A mixture of three parts finger nail polisher remover (15% acetone) to one part alcohol (was used to remove paint overspray) will also remove some scuff marks but can remove the paint from some decals.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KenBajdek said:
I use dry eraser board cleaner. The Expo brand. It removes rub marks and makes the car really shine. It is safe on decals too.
Hmmmm.. never thought of trying that stuff -- we've got gallons of it at work :)

H

·
0 Posts
The formula I mentioned should be 3 parts alcohol and one part finger nail polish remover same thing as dry erase remove except the percentage of acetone is less.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
TeamGoodwrench said:
What's the best stuff to use to polish bodies (that won't affect decals) ?

Windex ? Something else that's better ?

Thx!

DUDES let's be Professional!!!

Just buy Meguar's Mirror Glaze Cear Plastic Polish #10 :cool:

If you have severe road rash then use Meguar's Mirror Glaze Cear Plastic Cleaner #17 :cool:

·
Registered
843 Posts
meguiars stuff sucks. Take it from a guy that's won a couple best of show's in rather stout car show fields, that stuff is garbage. Zaino is hands down teh best products I've used, some of the most expensive, and can only be bought thru his website for the most part.... but hands down the best.

I wouldn't subject toy car to that meguiars stuff.. turtle wax is at least 2 steps from that junk.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Jason Lambert said:
meguiars stuff sucks. Take it from a guy that's won a couple best of show's in rather stout car show fields, that stuff is garbage. Zaino is hands down teh best products I've used, some of the most expensive, and can only be bought thru his website for the most part.... but hands down the best.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I was never impresseb by Meguiars products either but last weekend a friend got some plastic cleaner for the guage cluster of a used car he just bought. We were amazed at how well it worked. It looked better than new. Not sure how it would work on an r/c body, gonna have to try it.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Jason Lambert said:

I wouldn't subject toy car to that meguiars stuff.. turtle wax is at least 2 steps from that junk.

OMG!!!! not another zaino worshipper.. I figured getting away from real cars Id see the last of sal's propaganda..

Yes for $200 you could buy Z1-Z400 or whatever they are up to now.. then 7 hours later your rc body will be just as shiny as if you spent 1 minute wiping it with generic paste wax. Sorry Ive just had some fun battles in the past with the Zaino camp... Shiny paint is not so much a factor of wax/polish as it is the paint job and surface prep.

back on topic.. for rc cars I just use the bolink body wash to clean the skuffs.. then I use eagle 1 detail spray.. ..spray it on and wipe it off and the body is BLING BLING!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I never actually bought into any of the zaino propaganda LOL. I have just tried alot of different things, and that stuff is just better. A pain to use with the tim eit takes for it to haze over and whatnot, but the results, moreso the lasting results are more hat turned me to using it. I clay my car every spring, and do the whole process twice, and then just wash/detail the rest of the summer.. it just holds up better then anything else I've ever used, and I think I've tried everything every auto parts store carries in my area.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts