Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting something for the "ice" at our local track. Also, something to clean it with.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have seen some tracks use indoor outoor marine carpet. Doesn't help with SCT's on oval but realy slows a pan car down if you go on it and doesn't make the car spin causing a wreck. My local track uses 3/32 agrothane plastic and cleans it with 409. I suggested wax or pledge but I was told that tracks into the carpet.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Plow discs work awsome!!!! For discing up a field!!! They should be outlawed at all rc ovals!!
I should be against them myself since I'll take any chance I get to cut across the ice if my car can stick to it. But I tell you the very first track I ran at when I started out we had them and I just learned to respect them.

Put them about 12 inches inward from the edge of the ice, that way you won't have people dive bomb across it like I've been doing lately.:freak: But you still have a little room for error.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Here is a outlaw disc!!! LOL Maybee you can buy it and use the discs for your track. Make sure you keep them about 12" away from the edge. Also you will need hockey helmets for your corner marshals! :tongue::woohoo:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I coudl use this thing to plow through the field lol

Here is a outlaw disc!!! LOL Maybee you can buy it and use the discs for your track. Make sure you keep them about 12" away from the edge. Also you will need hockey helmets for your corner marshals! :tongue::woohoo:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts