Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'am a Ho slot car fan but since Brother-In Law purchased 2 RC trucks (1 Electric other gas) have to say they are a blast.

Now he just got these a few weeks ago and far from expert and simply went out and purchased.

What I'd like to know is what is a good overall RC Electric Truck out there for a novice? Would like to buy a kit that includes Control and is assembled.

He told me expect to pay at least $400+. I'd like to keep it more in the low $300's.

Thanks all,

Matt

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
go for a t4 factory edition rtr( brand new chaeck associateds website for details on it) or a xxx-t spec. those are good trucks that can be raced and can be competitive as well.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
It depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for bashing around the yard, then I'd suggest a Traxxas E-Maxx. $300 plus batteries and charger (add another $100). If you plan on mainly running on surfaces that smoother (dirt and pavement) then an Associated T4 RTR or Losi XXX-T RTR. Both are about $250 and add another $100 for batteries and charger. One other choice is the DuraTrax Evader RTR. Cost is about $160 plus the $100 for batteries and charger.

All should be good trucks to start with.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies folks.

Will probaly hold out for the Traxxas E-Maxx.

As if I get into it might as well go for it.

The DuraTrax Evader RTR did'nt look that bad thoe and might look at a bit more as just to get foot into door.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
if i was u id go with an associated t4 rtr for one eaiser to get parts and help with and it is a rwal good truck (in my expirence it is the best on the market) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts