Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I used to collect Match box when i was younger but what am i suppose to look for. I never know what to get when lookin at them.
Thanks
lolaz28

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Only buy cars that you really like -there is so much product about these days they will only ever be $1 cars ,which if you wish to sell you can be lucky and get 50c on the dolla..... so its best to buy only what you will enjoy owning :dude:

·
Registered
517 Posts
i always liked the buy what you like idea too :)
of course i have some i like more than others.
if something you buy becomes desirable, great, if it doesn’t, you still like it.
forgot to mention that this would apply to newer models. with older models research as much as possible and make the best informed decision based on that information.

some of the very minor variations i have can border on the absurd. when you had collectors that were able to look at dozens if not more of the same model, somebody would find a difference. if somebody found a car without a period on the base plate it didn't seem to crazy to run around and pay around $1.00 for the model. don't think i would do that today, but maybe i would ;)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Look for examples in good original condition and set a price that you will pay for your favorite toy models, so you won't get carried away! You might miss out on some but you'll be rewarded with others. Go to flea markets and look for toy shows advertised in the newspaper, so you can continue to see the real thing before purchasing!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm talkin' about the 1953-69 series! Regular wheels!

Also consider Lone Star, Husky and Budgie brands. They had some cool toys in the line-ups too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts