Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a problem. A good problem though. When I won that package from Bobby with the 81 cars, he included one of his Z cars (#0250 of 1000). I had already received my appreciation Z a while back as I have been a member here since early 2000 (#74 of 1000 I think). I would like to see what this JL community thinks I should do with this car i.e. charity, contest, sell outright, send back to Bobby etc. I am currently leaning towards trading it but do not not what to value it for etc. I would never get rid of my #74 but I would think someone else would like this car. Positive and negative feedback is appreciated just keep it within the rules of the board.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Hold a contest! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I'd feel bad selling it. He did say that he didn't care what people did with them. Just that you keep him updated for his registry.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Don't open it.
Sell it on eBay. Get the cash. Many 350Z collectors out there (within the diecast and outside the hobby that like Z cars) and youcanstand to make some good cash.
Do something with the family with the winnings. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
modsquad said:
Don't open it.
Sell it on eBay. Get the cash. Many 350Z collectors out there (within the diecast and outside the hobby that like Z cars) and youcanstand to make some good cash.
Do something with the family with the winnings. :thumbsup:
Do a better job than the last guy that sold one if you take this advice. Zero feedback and poor description led to a whopping $12.50 sale!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I think that you should do what is best for you.

Selling it is ok. Maybe give it away at a Contest or hold a contest for the New members of the Board. (#2)

Give it as a Christmas gift to another Board Member. (#1)

This may sound bad but I am leaning to the Idea of Keeping it in the Community. (#3)

Hope this gives you some Ideas.

Richard

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
For The Record:

I have no problem with any member selling or trading their HobbyTalk Exclusive 350Z, regardless of the circumstances. These cars are yours to do with as you please. If you have an opportunity to trade for something you would prefer for your collection, I’m just as pleased to help you in that regard as I am to give you the car. If you open it, that’s cool too. Either way, if you let me know via e-mail, I’ll update the registry accordingly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
are these being tracked as to what numbers have been opened? and which ones are sealed?

mine is still sealed and hanging on my wall... :)

as for the extra one you cant lose with what ever choice you make :)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Post it on the S/S board and ask for best offers. If you get an offer you like then you trade it. If not, you still have the car and can do something else with it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
You could also display it. I.E. take it out of the blister. It would look great beside the new Holiday Classic version, or the blue one from Lightning Strike 2004. And don't forget about the other one from release 2 of Lightning Strike 2004.
Or you could display it in front of your original that is still in the blister pack.

Or maybe you could trade it for a WL that you really like and want.

The important part is that it is yours. And don't forget that it was a very special gift from a very special person. You are in a unique situation, because you happen to own TWO of them.

You decide.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
rwwcarguy said:
For The Record:

I have no problem with any member selling or trading their HobbyTalk Exclusive 350Z, regardless of the circumstances. These cars are yours to do with as you please. If you have an opportunity to trade for something you would prefer for your collection, I’m just as pleased to help you in that regard as I am to give you the car. If you open it, that’s cool too. Either way, if you let me know via e-mail, I’ll update the registry accordingly.
thats pretty dang cool,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I'm a bit confused? Do you collect die-cast cars? I would save it in my collection! I can't seem to believe that there isn't two of any same cars in your collection? I have two 1/43 scale Monopoly White Lightning Grand Prix Cars, I'll keep them both, makes me feel like I have a little more value in my collection. Do as you please, However I'm a collector.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts