Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at some of the various "left over" body parts I have and this car just screamed to be created. It is still in the early stage but I think it's coming along pretty well.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Nice bit of fabricating you've done there.. I see the vette, kinda looks porsche-ish int the nose.. Is that a J car nose for the back?? Dang!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
ok, now that's cool. johnny cash has got nothin' on you... :thumbsup:

--rick

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Great looking parts car! That is a one off body for sure.

Bob...will be great all painted up...zilla

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
No pressure.....but.....

Ya should give some thought to popping a few of those out for the upcoming HOHT auction.

What's taking so long?

BTW? Do it have a name?

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Agree: the J front end makes an awsome rear & would never have thought to use it that way. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very creative !! ..RL

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the kind words guys! Unfortunately i haven't done casting in a long time so all my chemicals went bad but I might in the future. The other issue is the door "sill" area. It extends into the interior cavity which might make pulling a mold tough. I still have to work the A pillars and bend up a windshield. That and the tail end needs a little tweeking on the center point. Once all that is done then I'll toss some paint on it.
One of the influences on this car was a little "works" Sprite that was featured on Bringatrailer.com. The car looks nothing like a street Austin Sprite. I figure if they could call that car a Sprite then I could also make up a race version of a street car and give it that name. I just don't know what car to claim it was based on. Certainly not a vette as in my mind my car is smaller than a vette and there were plenty of Vette racers to choose from so why would a privateer modify a vette this far? That and my car is hammered from aluminium. I think this car is based on an "E" type chassis with a V-12. That's the advantage to playing with toys. I get to make the rules.
Rob
Mongrel Racing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts