Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at some of the various "left over" body parts I have and this car just screamed to be created. It is still in the early stage but I think it's coming along pretty well.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys! Unfortunately i haven't done casting in a long time so all my chemicals went bad but I might in the future. The other issue is the door "sill" area. It extends into the interior cavity which might make pulling a mold tough. I still have to work the A pillars and bend up a windshield. That and the tail end needs a little tweeking on the center point. Once all that is done then I'll toss some paint on it.
One of the influences on this car was a little "works" Sprite that was featured on Bringatrailer.com. The car looks nothing like a street Austin Sprite. I figure if they could call that car a Sprite then I could also make up a race version of a street car and give it that name. I just don't know what car to claim it was based on. Certainly not a vette as in my mind my car is smaller than a vette and there were plenty of Vette racers to choose from so why would a privateer modify a vette this far? That and my car is hammered from aluminium. I think this car is based on an "E" type chassis with a V-12. That's the advantage to playing with toys. I get to make the rules.
Rob
Mongrel Racing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.