Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well; this is my very first auction gone bad. I was waiting for this one so bad too. When you look at the pictures it will become evident that packaging was barely thought about. I mean; how can anyone send something like this. The auction; number 160080446375; states it is "MINT". Now mind you it does not state the car or the card; it just states "MINT CONTION". The seller is from Quebec and I am assuming CONTION is CONDITION. Anyhow; I e-mailed the seller as soon as I got home and here is what I said:

I want to work this out with you before approaching "ebay". The item that was received is by no means even close to MINT. The packaging was atrocious and the item is now badly damaged due to your irresponsibility. An item should arrive the way it was presented. Now; like I stated I want to work this out. I can send you pictures of the item as it arrived and you can do one of the following:

1. Send me another one in Mint condition (assuming you have another like it) and I will send this one back when I receive the replacement.

2. Refund my money $21.26 US and I will send item back upon receipt.

3. Allow me to choose another White Lightning in Mint condition as a replacement and I will send this one back upon receipt of a Mint item.

Barring any of the above I do not have any recourse but to contact "ebay". I do not want to do this; it would be my last option. Let's work this out. And just some advice; you must learn how to package collectibles for mailing !!

Please send me your e-mail address if you want pictures. If you would rather send the MO or replacement item then let me know and I will send address. I would like to clear this up soon; please reply no later that this Friday (March 9) on the option you would rather take.

Sincerely disappointed;
G. Volpini

Here are the pictures:

This is how it showed up in the box:

Look how small the box width is compared to the card:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the mess:

Can anyone please give me advice on what to do next through "eBay" should the seller decide either not to take any of my options or ignore me all together. I've never had to take this course so it is all new to me.

Thanks for the long read and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
G (tbucket74) :wave:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I'm sure the seller will claim the "car is mint". Could you tell from the original listing if the card was bent like it is now? (Listing won't come up) I've had a few sent like that, newspaper, toilet paper, no packing, etc. Hopefully he will resolve it with you, without a claim.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
60sMetal said:
I'm sure the seller will claim the "car is mint". Could you tell from the original listing if the card was bent like it is now? (Listing won't come up) I've had a few sent like that, newspaper, toilet paper, no packing, etc. Hopefully he will resolve it with you, without a claim.
Here's what the "ebay" picture looked like; can't tell a damn thing.

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Hate to say it but with his negaives he probably does not care about one more. Look at his existing feedback. Plus since he does not accept paypal there is no recourse there.
Sorry but I am guessing that you will be out of luck. Good luck though.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
well, i wish you the best and hope your luck goes better than it did with my recent dealing. you also just bought me bad news as i had purchased two whites from this seller and am waiting for them to arrive. looking through the sellers feedback, they appear to be someone who caught on to the great white rush and doesn't normally deal with diecast collectibles. if you read the feedback, the seller is praised for their packaging on all items other than the cars. there have been complaints or notes on the poor packaging of the cars so lets just say that i don't expect mine to arrive any different than yours.

i see the seller only has one white left on e-bay so unfortunately, i think you are out of luck getting them to send you another. :( i know customs might rip apart packages but you can clearly see that the seller was negligent with the packaging as the cars is much wider than the box. i bought quite a few whites during the canadian frenzy and am amazed that some of them didn't have damage to the cards when i had opened them and seen how they were packed. let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Man I hate when somebody does that . I would never misrepresent an item like that . Thats like stealin someones money .Goodluck Tbucket .

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Someone else I should stay away from. I don't see how anyone could find that box logically suitable for an item that's bigger than it; it looks like someone kicked it around a bit. Best of luck to you and I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The thing with all the whites that showed up in Canada was that unless you where there before the fact, the majority went into the dump bins....apart from the box, that almost looks like dumpbin damage. In which case, the whole deal was misrepresented...in the picture, it almost looks like it was taken to hide the card damage. I picked up a "white" Street Freaks Black with Flames vette in the weekend and the card looks very much the same.

I sympathize with those who collect "on the card". Personally, I am an opener so I could care less, but when I do ship, I try to make sure that it gets there in as good a condition as possible - just in case the buyer or trader does care about card condition.

Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I like the car and I need it so I will keep it; but each time I look at it I will get a knot in my stomach. Someday I may just bring myself to open it.

Thanks for the offer; I would not get back what I paid for it anyhow.

Regards
Giuliano

NYSWLhunter said:
how much do you want for it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NYSWLhunter said:
That series was not in the BOD's of Canada or were they?? Thats series 17 . If it was why dont I see 1,000 Jeep WL's on E bay for $15.99????? SOMEONE PLMK!!!
I think they were in Quebec; oh your right not in Canada :p :tongue:;just joking before any Quebecois lose their lunch.

Regards
G

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Sorry about your issue but if I read it correctly it said you only paid $21 and change for it, so you aren't out that much. I'd pursue a replacement and part with that one if it's going to give you knots. You'd probably get a good chunk of your money back selling it as is. Sucks that sellers are that crappy sometimes but you just never know.

I wouldn't get that wrapped up in one bad dealing, it won't happen that often I'm sure. Just offset it against the zillion WLs for a buck you found. :wave:

·
Registered
616 Posts
NYSWLhunter said:
That series was not in the BOD's of Canada or were they?? Thats series 17 .
I found that one here.... sold it to another local collector for half what you paid and it was mint. Sorry to hear of your misfortune there Tbucket.

If it was why dont I see 1,000 Jeep WL's on E bay for $15.99????? SOMEONE PLMK!!!
Which one are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Geez, this one looks like a real bummer, tbucket. The car is mint but there is no proof the card wasn't damaged beforehand. I would wait and see what kind of response you get from the seller. Best you can hope for is a refund. A word of advice? If the entire card isn't visable, I always contact the seller for more info. If there's no reply, I don't buy. Also, even though alot of sellers say they will package securely, I always include a note to the seller, when paying, to please package to protect card as well as car. I've even had a few sellers ask me how I wanted the car(s) packaged after sending that note. Best of luck and if you want to unload that Bubble-Top and look for another, I'll bid $20 right now. :p :wave:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I'm sure he's going to come back with "car is mint". I didn't check the listing - did he say mint car on mint card?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
70XR7 said:
I'm sure he's going to come back with "car is mint". I didn't check the listing - did he say mint car on mint card?
No SHE did not; just stated "Mint Condition"; that's it. I guess in my haste to want it bad I was not thinking of questioning the card's condition. My fault I guess.

Seller has offered to refund the money; but I really really like the car so I have decided to keep it. May open it....or not :confused: :confused:

Need some help on the feedback I should leave:

1. Positive (highly dought it)
2. Neutral (probably the least I could do)
3. Negative (well; the seller did offer to refund; so this would be a little harsh)
4. Leave no FB

Let me know your thoughts on which one I should do.

Thanks to all for reading and providing your support and ideas.

Regards
G :wave:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sorry to see that happen TB. I read thru most the first 10 pages of feedback this guy has recieved and man, there is a lot of mutually withdrawn negs. Either he is refunding a lot of sales made or he is encountering what most of us Canucks encounter when shipping to the US from Canada. It is bloody slow. Not exactly fast coming into Canada from the US, lately, either. I hope this guy will at least refund you your money and even let you keep the car. He should, if it was damaged enroute.:p

OC

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
This is just me talking out of my other end but I would rip it oopen and call it good. But that is just me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts