Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I'm new to collecting and customizing. I want to do a wheel and tire swap on my HW 1966 Batmobile. I need a donor car with 5 spoke chrome rims and tires that are a little bigger than the standard HW size. Can anyone point me to a particular car? I figure JL might have what I'm looking for. I plan on adding the missing red trim and a host of other improvements. Oh, I have built models (cars, scifi, etc.) for over 30 years, so I'm hopping I can do this!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Cheapest way might be to search e-b-a-y for cars from the HW 100% line (or JL or Greenlight) and decide what looks best to you. Next step up would be World Race/Acceleracer co-molds, then Treasure Hunts.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Here are a couple of really nice ones that I've seen done by other collectors. One of them has the wheels that you are looking for. Post pics when you're done!!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are the ones, in the second pic, that I am looking for. Any ideas what they came from?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Those look like the ones! My local WM usualy has a good selection. Question, are the tires on the Ultra Hots rubber or hard plastic? Oh, and thank you to everyone for your help. I will post pics when completed.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started work on my HW Batmobile Friday. I have the window frames done in BareMetal Foil and the arch painted flat black. The beacon was fun, it was done in silver with Tamiya Clear Red for the "clear" sections. The front turn signals were painted flat white and then covered with Testors Turn Signal Amber. Looking good so far. My local WM did not have any Ultra Hots for wheels and tires. I'll have to drive an hour to get to the closest TRU next week. Gotta go that way anyway to get to the closest hobby shop for aluminum tubing for the three tubes. I'll post pics when she's done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts