Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
JD Sabre motor blowing smoke

I posted this note on the 2-cycle site by mistake so If It looks familiar thats where you saw It.The problem Is that white smoke Is coming out of the Exhaust under load and at Idle.When I checked the air cleaner the base that the filter sits on had a layer of oil On It so Is it possible oil can be blowing back thru the carb and why?THe oil level Is at the right level but It takes a little longer for the engine to start.If anybody has any Ideas on what Is going on I would appreciate the Info Thanks,Tom

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
the only way oil would be blowing back through is through the breather. it could be the breather is bad/worn out and needs to be replaced and that would be causing the smoke because white smoke is oil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts