Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what is this Vintage Van Body from? And note the lead(?) weight attached under the roof ! And this is all I have- no chassis.
PS- the Tyco Trans-Am is in the pic just for scale reference.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't hold me to it but I think that was made by Bachman and ran on HO scale railroad tracks. It was "suppose" to look like a track inspection vehicle. They made an early Jeep Wagoneer also.

·
BANNED
8,106 Posts
TGM, sounds right, I seem to have a vague recollection of something along those lines too.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, and I found a few on eBay as well- eg Trackster
Funny thing, I bought a bunch of stuff in a box lot auction and this was in with the slot cars, plus some little things that looked like little railroad wheels attached to a plastic thingie, and now I know they go with it to align the car tires and keep it on the rails. I don't have the chassis though, but it's sure cool asking a Question on HobbyTalk and getting an(correct) answer in minutes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
The only reason I knew is because I have the Jeepster (not a Wagoneer) and was just looking at it this past weekend.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh Btw, since I found out what this body is actually for, and since I have no interest in Model Railroading anymore, I have no need for this body. So if anybody wants it, it's for Sale or Trade ? I'd take $1.00 for the body plus $2.00 to cover S&H. Or..... I'd trade it for (only) 2 pair of Tuff Ones size Silicone rear tires. :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh Btw, since I found out what this body is actually for, and since I have no interest in Model Railroading anymore, I have no need for this body. So if anybody wants it, it's for Sale or Trade ? I'd take $1.00 for the body plus $3.00 to cover S&H. Or..... I'd trade it for 4 pair of Tuff Ones size Silicone rear tires. :D
or, you could mount it on a micro machines chassis, with a figure painted to look like a shriner sticking out the roof - then have a parade! :wave:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BUMP & Lowered FS/Trade value- I have no need for this body. So if anybody wants it, it's For Sale or Trade ? I'd take $1.00 for the body plus $2.00 to cover S&H. Or..... I'd trade it for (Only) 2 pair of Tuff Ones size Silicone rear tires.
PS- the van nose is perfectly clean now, I wiped off the sticky stuff that looks like dirt on the hood/grill as seen in these photos. ie- the body now looks mint !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts