Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just got a KSG, and was wondering what T-Plate everyone would recommend for 4 cell stock, flat carpet track?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Joe
RACER50 :jest:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
your ksg car came with everything you need to go fast with on carpet. it is one of the most complete oval car kits you can buy right now. alot of the fast guys even run the fibre plate that comes in the kit. i suggest you run it the way it came in the box. later on you may want to try steele t plate... and if you use the little search engine you will find a thread dedicated to just the ksg car with tons of set ups from the pros in it...

look for steve the rocket miller or danny B

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The car comes with the blue tplate ready to run .I have also used the FINSHLINE sinlge slot tplate with alot of success.... If you need any setup ideas I would be happy to send you setup sheets from the snowbirds Stock winner ADAM BROWN ....also I am sure other Team KSG drivers would more than happy to help in any way you need..

SRM

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Finishline makes a great line of T-plates:
Check em out at
http://www.finishlinerc.com/

For your application I would try either the Oval or Double slot cut.
For smooth banked carpet racing the triangle or solid cut can't be beat.
Since you are running the KSG you will need the Symmetrical version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your suggestions!

SMROCKET...some setup sheets would be great!! I want to be ready for the first race!!

Thanks Again!
Joe
RACER50 :jest:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Slider said:
What difference does a Straight cut t-plate.vesus the Bias t-plate do?
the terms bias and straight refer to the angle the t plate is cut at.. if you look closeley at a tplate you will see directional lines..
straight cut is a stiffer t plate, while bias is softer.. bias cuts are usually 45 degree angle lines while straight is 90 degree angled lines. the angle of the lines determines the stiffnes of the t plate..

a 62 straight and 62 bias are cut from the same peice of material.. with the change of the angle one can be considerably softer then the other even tho its the same material..

this is also the same with chassis plates.. you can buy two of the same car.. if one chassis is cut at a slightly diff angle it will feel different on the track.. look at the weave lines on the chassis plate. they generally should go right to left straight.. some are off..

i had 5 of the trinity chassis plates. Al 5 were cut at different angles. every chassis had a different flex. I had one that was super stiff, and one that flexed like butter.. with the others somewhere in between..

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Try an ORC med or firm steel tplate.I tried the blue fiberglass one and my car just felt slow through the corner. We also run 93 laps in 5 min. 88 ft race groove. I have run on other tracks with good results also.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
FinishLine T-Plates run well everywhere I go. That matched up on the KSG car and your ready to win races. Just hollar back if you need anything else.

Mario...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts