Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres whats on my bench so far thats in the works and now just waiting for the half of base to come in from bunky brothers to complete it.Then its back to work on it. :)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,316 Posts
Eduard's brand enw Fw-190 A-8.
Very intricate and detailed, with full engine and gun compartments, and a color photo-etch fret.

Maybe a little too ambitious a kit, since I'm running into slight fit problems.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I, as always, have a few kits going. Now that my Pop's Christmas gift is done, the main build is an old MPC Star Wars R2-D2 van that was out in the early 80's. I'm pimping the ride & bringing it to WF!
http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/R2Van/All_Parts.jpg
http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/R2Van/cockpit/final1.jpg

The other is one is a series I've been planning on doing for some time. Transformers!!! I'm buying the five jets that comprise the Aerialbots http://www.unicron.us/tf1986/cartoon/aerialbots.jpg & then building them in robot mode. I plan to have interlocking bases that will form a dio. A frack of a lot of scratching!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
My in-progress list:

Beverly Hillbillies truck

Aurora Tarzan

Aurora Superboy

MPC 6 Million Dollar Man "Evil Rider" kit

AMT Sunbeam Tiger ( Blueprinter issue, being built as Maxwell Smart's car. )

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
right now I'm finishing up AMT's '34 Ford coupe.
have a couple of half completed ones sitting around though,
including a pro-modified '57 Chevy that I really need to get completed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Humm... I have the "Big Creature" from Diceman
yaghers latest Phantom of the Opera
PL Cap. America/modified
Green fried Killer Tomatoe
Bates Motel ("Your last stay...")
Were Wolf from the cover of Creepy #4

Gerry-Lynn

PS My wife is about done with her Witch project; and starting on her Grinch projects (3)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zathros said:
Currently working on PL Dr smith and the Robot...impressed with whoever sculped
Smith as well..a nice kit, imo
I gotta get me that kit and how is the fitting on it? :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Not really working on it, as such, but referring to previous work done on two different editions of the Testors(previously Hawk) Powell St. cable car kit. At some point I will likely bash a California St.-type car from both kits.

·
Registered
701 Posts
toyroy said:
Not really working on it, as such, but referring to previous work done on two different editions of the Testors(previously Hawk) Powell St. cable car kit. At some point I will likely bash a California St.-type car from both kits.
I had no idea that Testor's ever re-released that kit! I've got the original Hawk kit sitting in my stash. One of these days I'm going to have to get that one built.

Right now my bench has a couple of resin kits in the works:

The Flash is in primer and waiting for a second treatment to fill in the remaining pinholes.

A resin Stegosaurus is in the early assembly stage. This is the one I hope to have ready for Wonderfest.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
AMT K'Tinga is in the process of having corrected detailng added.

2 AMT/ERTL Excelsior and

2 AMT Enterprise-B kits these 4 are being redone with corrected detailng.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
qtan said:
I had no idea that Testor's ever re-released that kit! I've got the original Hawk kit sitting in my stash. One of these days I'm going to have to get that one built...
I remember building that original Hawk Muni-green kit as a kid. It was 1967, or before. Just to be extra sadistic, Testors once re-issued the kit in a semi-translucent white. The other Testors re-pop version I have is an opaque medium gray.

One problem is that the kit was first made in the late 50s, when the real cable cars were at their ugliest. For instance, at the time, the real cars were using chrome-rim auto headlights. Also, the kit features a bizarre, non-symmetric deck roof. To confound things, the prototype cars pictured on the boxes had totally different Bombay-style roofs.

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
I did some work on the Polar Lights Headless Horseman this morning, it's been on and off for about two years.

The base and cape are finished, horse and rider are slowly transforming.

RK

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I am finishing the decal work on a Testors B2. I also have the wiring started for my 89 Batmobile (headlight, taillight, interior and afterburnner). I just rebuilt my old Klingon BOP (w/lights) I have to make a new base for it. I am also in the "how the #@!$ am I going to light this" stage on my PL 1/350 Refit. What's next? Aerial Hunter Killer!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Started working this weekend on a PL Robby the Robot. I have the initial filling and sanding done. I'm starting from some of S. M. Clark's excellent suggestions in "CultTVMan's Ultimate Modeling Guide to Classic Sci-Fi Movies." I want to put a voice-activated light behind Robby's voice tubes.

...and you can see my next project on the bench next to Robby...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts