Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 1500s 7.2Volt 6cells. It's pretty much stock with the twin 540 motors, but I upgraded to an ESC. I would like to increase my run time per battery from 10 minutes, which is about what I'm gettin with the 1500s.

thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes, nearly any stick pack configuration will fit in the double B. You can also get away with running the real cheap generic e-bay type batts in the truck and they are usually sold by the pair and are a lot cheaper than name brand cells.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
check cheapbatterypacks, or onlybatterypacks . coms out. they make custom packs, im not familar with that truck, but i had em make me a 8 cell for my blitzer beetle that fit the factory spot !! and go with 4200's !!

·
Registered
807 Posts
An 8 cell stick pack in the double blaze makes it come to life pretty well. Just have to figure out how to hold it in. I use rubber bands.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
i had 14 cells in a clod, wired in series, not parallel !! ran a super rooster with a esp fan on top of it, stock motors, it would rip the grass clean outta my yard, what a blast it was !!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Just make sure your charger has a NiMh setting on it. If you can find some GP3300's new or used anywere they will take a lot more punishment than some of the newer higher capacity cells.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts