Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what setting you use on your LRP Sphere the first one not comp since so many people are having problems with them.

I run my 4300 car on the modified setting it has a ton of brakes and supper take off I am happy with it at this time just hope it last.

A guy was running one at the track a few weeks back and fried it on the low traction setting with a 13.5 motor he said he bought it used and it looked a little rough but still.

thanks Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Andy,I guess you and I are the only ones running a Sphere ;) .

Jake

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I don't know if the values are the same... but on my COMP I'm running

Mode 1 - Value 2
Mode 2 - Value 5
Mode 3 - Value 0
Mode 4 - Value 0

Running it with a 13.5 car.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
I don't know where the last 2 guys are finding the value of 5 and 6 on their Mode 2 settings, all my sheet lists are 1,(sportsman) 2, (low grip) and 3, (modified). The Q2 has settings up to 5 for punch control but I don' see that on the Sphere. There's a value of 4 on mode 1 and that's for type selection. Curious. :confused:

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
The 4 modes of the LRP SPHERE COMPETITION Brushless+Brushed

1. AutoCell System

Two adjustable settings for the NiMH-LiPo adaption:
#1: NiMH-LiPo automatic adaptation
#2: NiMH 4-7 cell racing mode

2. Power Profiles

ADPCTM (Advanced Digital Phase Control) Power Profiles for Brushless Motors. The LRP engineers developed 6 all-new ADPC™ power profiles to adjust the SPHERE COMPETITION to all track conditions perfectly. The Advanced Digital Phase Control is an all new brushless technology which results in more power and better driveability. Depending on the status of the car (start, acceleration out of a corner, and full speed on the straight) the ADPC software calculates the perfect motor management.

#1: Extremely smooth for low-traction
#2: Very linear
#3: Linear, increased punch
#4: Aggressive map TC
#5: Very aggressive map TC
#6: Super aggressive map TC

DEMS (Digital Engine Mapping System) Power Profiles for brushed motors. Quantum-style power programs.

#1: Extremely smooth for low-traction
#2: Very linear, maximum runtime
#3: Linear, increased punch
#4: Aggressive map, TC
#5: Very aggressive map TC (6- to 12-turn motors)
#6: Stock motor map, maximum power (17- to 27-turn motors only)

3. Initial Brake

The SPHERE COMPETITION digital speed control offers a Quantum-style Initial Brake adjustment for both brushless and brushed motors. 6 levels can be set from level 1 (linear brake) to level 6 (very aggressive brake). Initial Brake allows the driver to set a certain level of “hand-brake effect,” i.e., the driver can vary the minimum brake effect when applying the brakes.

4. Automatic Brake

The SPHERE COMPETITION digital speed control offers a Quantum-style Automatic Brake adjustment for both brushless and brushed motors. 6 levels can be set from level 0 (no Auto Brake) to level 6 (Max Auto Brake). Automatic brake allows the driver to set a slight braking action in neutral. This is especially important for brushless motors because they have no “natural” slow-down as customers are used to from all brushed motors

Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
thus the reason it is a sphere comp and it costs more! plus it auto detects the brushed or brushless for you!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to post up .

Was racing last week and the sphere reset its self during the race all the sudden I had reverse :freak: but I reset it and it was fine after that. :thumbsup:

Jake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts