Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using these two models to build a diorama of a cemetery and I'd like to know what scale this would be considered. I found some HO scale wrought iron fence with an arched gateway and wondered if this would look right around the perimeter of the diorama.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Larry,

Most of the references I have suggest that the Monster Customizing Kits are 1/8 scale. Your HO scale fence might be a little small. However, it shouldn't be too hard to make a 1/8 scale picket fence from sheet styrene or balsa wood, unless it's the wrought-iron look you want. A doll house supply store might have something useful.

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
mostly 1/8 , but there's a few pieces that are bigger ( couple of bones i think ) .
ya might check out the different sizes of florist' wire to make an old iron fence from . it's fairly soft and easy to work with .
stone and concrete parts can be made with polymer clay like sculpy or 2 part epoxy .
have fun .
hb

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, guys.

I definitely wanted a wrought-iron look, plus, trust me when I say I have *no* sculpting talent whatsoever.

The dollhouse idea is a good idea though. I'll have to check that out next time I'm in the hobby store.

Larry

·
Curmudgeon
6,603 Posts
Mark McGovern said:
Most of the references I have suggest that the Monster Customizing Kits are 1/8 scale.
beck said:
mostly 1/8, but there's a few pieces that are bigger...
This sounds accurate, as these kits were designed to use with Aurora's line of horror/monster kits, and they're all listed as 1/8 scale.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You can use toothpicks as the spindles and two wooden coffee stirrers as the top and bottom... You can make 8 inch long sections and then paint them black and dry brush rust and silver. Just a thought

Travis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts