Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just starting out in oval electric racing . A I will be using a x-ray chassis. anybody can tell me what 13.5 motor to use. And what speed control . Would appreciate . Thank you

·
Registered
260 Posts
Start with the speed control. Use either the Tekin RS or Mamba Max Pro. Both are upgradeable, you can't go wrong there. As for motors, I tend to be a Novak man but most of the top line 13.5 motors are fine. The esc makes it work.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I run a epic duo 2 motor and it runs great. As far as esc, I run a LRP SPX when following certain rules and if allowed, I run the Mamba Max Pro 1 cell edition. There's definately a huge advantage for the guys running the mambas and the tekin with the latest software

·
Registered
143 Posts
I run a epic duo 2 motor and it runs great. As far as esc, I run a LRP SPX when following certain rules and if allowed, I run the Mamba Max Pro 1 cell edition. There's definately a huge advantage for the guys running the mambas and the tekin with the latest software
I agree with smoothie. The Mamba Pro and Tekin are the ones to beat if your rules allow it But if they don't the LRP SPX seems to be a favorite around my area. I run a LRP SXX TC and LRP X-12 17.5 in my truck and I have the fastest straightaway speed in my class but I haven't gotten my truck just right yet and my driving is still not perfect. So it is really anyones game. If you can't drive all the power in the world will not do you any good (I'm not insinuating you can't drive, I'm just making an example). If you are allowed to run the Mamba or Tekin run them, but rumor is that after the Snowbirds all those speed controls will be illegal because the point of going to 1 cell was to slow the cars down and with those speed controls it is actually possible to make the cars faster. Just my two cents. Good luck with the racing. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts