Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found and bought a billiken phantom of the opera mint in box and a
billiken batman (keaton) w/ speargun , mint, assembled, unpainted.
i really lucked up on these, now if i could luck up and get a billiken frankenstein and bride of frankenstein.i would truely be a happy model collector.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
I mentioned this on another thread... I just bought an original Aurora Confederate Raider. Even though Moebius is reissuing it in 2010, I really wanted an original! - Denis

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Let's see...in the last month I've purchased Moebius' Frankenstein and Spider-Man, the AMT/Round 2 reissue of Mr. Spock, Paquet's Green Haze reissued through KitKong's Model Mansion, GeoMetric's Night of the Living Dead, and Revell's reissue of the Aurora Frankenstein. Now all I gotta do is find the time to build 'em. :p

Edit 12/15/09: D'oh! Forgot all about the Tijuana Taxi and Rommel's Rod.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Aurora Alfred E Newman, Aurora Astronaut, Monogram Big red Baron, Revell Ratfink on a Bike, Revell Moonmixer, all 3 Born Losers. That's since mid November.
I think I'll have to slow down for the rest of the year.....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Well, in keeping with my practice of selling to buy, I've sold a few kits in order to buy a 1/20 Kaiyodo Dinoland Saltasaurus kit, a 1/35 Maiasaurus, a 1/20 Anchiceratops, and pre-paints (which will be reapainted) of a 1/20 Chasmosaurus, and a 1/35 Allosaurus (all of those are by Kaiyodo from the Dinoland series). All were from the Bay... and from the same seller.

To buy those I unloaded a Voyager, a 1701-C, a Horizon Terminator Hunter Killer, a TOS Klingon and 18" Enterprise, a 1701-B kit, and a 1/35 Kaiyodo Gorgosaurus (it was too old school for my tastes).

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I recently bought a Snowspeeder kit, a Fine Molds Y-Wing,
and TIE Fighter.

The Snowspeeder I built as "Factory new" and gave it to my
friend's son for his eleventh birthday.

The Y-Wing is built and ready to go to my nephew for his
twelfth birthday in January.:thumbsup:

The TIE fighter is for me.

I'm allowed one, right?:eek:

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Lets see.. in the past month. Round2 Mr.Spock...18in AMT Enterprise repop...Tom Daniels Bad News repop...Round2 1/350 Refit...Moebius Jupiter 2 and oh yeh..today on the way home from work Polar lights Star Trek Enterprise NX/01 1/1000. The Jupiter2 is a Christmas present from my wife:)Now I just hope it gets here from Cults so it can get wrapped and put under the tree! I'm not allowed to open it before Christmas anyway:tongue:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I'm another guy who has been stocking up. The very latest I picked up were in late October and were the new Moebius Frankenstein along with the Tom Daniel's Tijuana Taxi. The month before that were the Moebius small Seaview, Spiderman, and Green Goblin. So much to build, so little time. However retirement is one year or less away and I am looking forward to my stock. Now I am waiting for the rereleased C57D and new Moebius Jupiter 2. They are on the streets but not available from Tower yet, hopefully this week.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
1/72 scale C-46 Commando.
Yet another AMT 1/635 scale Enterprise reissue (Green artwork tin box).
Three AMT Mr. Spock reissues (One tin, two cardboard boxes).
1/350 scale Moebius Seaview.
The little Pegasus Alpha Centauri saucers.
The AMT Leif/Interplanetary UFO.
Pegasus 1/18 scale Bell X-1.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Just bought my Xmas kits

I ordered the following from Tower today since being a member I get free shipping.The order was for a C57D, Moebius Jupiter 2, Pegasus Alpha Centauri UFO, Spock, Interplanetary UFO Mystery Ship, and Witch. Tower just got the Jupiter and C57 in over the last couple of days. My Xmas presents but bought with some extra money from computer servicing jobs on the side. They are coming from Reno so may not make it by Xmas but that is ok. Obviously I won't be building all of them over the holidays anyway! And I just visited Tower a minute ago and they are already out of the Jupiter 2s. Lucky I was looking around there this morning as I have been checking constantly for that and the C57 and got lucky this morning.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Today at the hobby shop:
Moebius Jupiter 2
Moebius Flying Sub landing gear
AMT UFO Mystery Ship

·
Registered
395 Posts
Recent as in the past month?

Hasegawa 1/700 USS Ticonderoga CV-14 - WW-II Carrier
Dragon 1/700 USS Ticonderoga CG-47 - Aegis Missile Cruiser
AMT Interplanetary UFO Mystery Ship (Ergo: Leif Ericson)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
So...all these kits I've been buying...I'm supposed to build them? Well no one told me that! Oh, I see, that's the fun part huh? Think I'll give it a try for the new year.

hal9001-

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
The thrill of the hunt's as much fun as the build!

Chris.:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts