Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wanted to get some discussion going on what types of kits we have in our collections .
i know most of us have primarily a certain type of models we lean toward , i.e. monster figure , scifi ships etc . but i dare say many of you are like me and have a fairly diverse bunch of kits in the ol' closet and display case .
me , i'm primarily monster figures leaning heavily towards the Universal Studios subjects but i like any good monster kit .
i also have Scifi subjects ( ships and Figs ) , some car kits , a few planes and even some sailing ships . also a large collection of Minis ( warhammer , Ral Partha , these are the 25 - 30 mm thangs ) .
what about ya'll ?
hb

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Mostly Star Trek,and Star Wars. But also, WWII,Airwolf, Blue Thunder, SAiling Ships, and of course some figures. Iwrin Allen stuff, Gerry Anderson show kits, and real space kits.
I know their are more, but thats all I can remember now.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
In my youth I built pretty much everything - Tom Daniels cars, various war planes, subs, rockets and, of course, my favorite: figure kits - mostly MONSTER figure kits.

Today not much has changed. I wish more of the classic Tom Daniel's car kits were available cause I'd build them. But my interest still lies mainly in figure kits - MONSTER figure kits - and, like Beck, leaning heavily toward the Universal Studios characters.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude , i'll second that wish for more of the Tom Daniels cars . they were so much fun to build . i've seen some die cast repros of the Red Baron and Tarantula dragster but that just ain't the same .
i've also been through periods where i've built a certain type of model . like there was a time when i was into cars and bikes ( teenage years ) , military and ships when i was in college etc .
but always coming back to ( and doing along the way ) the figure kits .
hb

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have mostly built 1/48 and 1/32 planes in the past, but over the past couple of years have been collecting and building old Aurora comic book figures, as well as a lot of the cool sci-fi hardware and figures put out by PL.

-Cappy D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Sci-Fi(Star Wars, Aliens, Predator)
Horror(Contemporary Icons...The Big Five Myers, Krueger, Voorhees, Leatherface, Cenobites, Universal-Classics)
Fantasy(Kong)
Comics (DC, Marvel Characters)
Vehicles(If it is from a movie or TV show that I love, I have it... or want it) I also have some regular car kits for future use and spare parts

Primarily collect: Screamin', Horizon, Polar Lights, GeoMetric
Sculptor I mostly collect: Randy Bowen, Shawn Nagle
Characters mostly in my collection: Predator, Kong, Universal Monsters

Travis

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Like most members it seems, my tastes are all over the map. Figures (sci-fi and horror), space (fiction and non-fiction), cars (mostly Tom Daniel's show rods and or movie/TV vehicles), a few airplanes, a few WWII kits, sailing ships, prop replicas. I think about the only thing I haven't built over the years would be modern military ships or vehicles.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey JP , love yer site ! and great job on the Darkness ( Classic PLastic ) kit .
he's one of my wife's favorite characters so i bought her that kit for Valentine's day a couple of years back ( she models too ) .
hb

·
Registered
43 Posts
Planes, ships, vehicles (of the military type),sci-fi and recently my first figure :)
I'm really all over the place...
all chosen by my (doubtful) sense of beauty :)
Cheers,
Tvrtko

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Though my favorite kits are the figures ( any and all, not just monsters), my collection is pretty wide. From sailing ships, actual space vehicles, cars, figures (horror, film, historical, cartoon, fantasy, sci-fi, etc), and includes kits in plastic, vinyl, and resin. I haven't done an inventory update lately, but I'd have to ballpark the current count at between 225 and 250.

Wayne

·
Registered
258 Posts
John P said:
Airplanes, mostly WWII
Sci fi vehicles
Horror and sci fi figures

www.inpayne.com
John P-
Your site is great! This is the first time I've seen it. Awesome work, and I think the tribute to your dad is very cool. Being a Bf109 fan, I really like your collection.

- Cappy D

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have about 200 models but mostly ships. I trying to get rid of everything else. I just bought 3 more ship models thsi week. Here is a short list.

Ship Model List

Name of Model Scale
HELLER
HMS Victory 1/100
Le Soliel Royal 1/100
Pamir 1/150
Preussen 1/150
Amerigo Vespucci 1/150
Royal Louis 1/200
Le Gladiator 1/200
Navire Viking 1/60 Nice and Rare

LINDBERG
Soverign of the Seas 1/300

IMEX/IMAI
Santa Maria 1/60
Napoleon 1/150 :devil:

REVELL Kit #
USS Constitution 1/350? 5404
Cutty Sark 1/350? 5401
Sir Francis Drake 1/350? H-325
Spanish Galleon 1/350? H-322
Santa Maria 1/350? H-324
Mayflower 1/350? H-327-300
Flying Cloud 1/232 344
C.W. Morgan 1/232 330
Stag Hound 1/232 361 Realy Rare
See Addler 1/232 5473 Really Rare
USS Constitution 1/96 396
Cutty Sark 1/96 398 (2 of these)
Thermoplae 1/96 399 Rare :devil:
Thermoplae 1/220 394

Ye Olde Ship Gallery Half-Hull Wall Mount Plaques
USS Constitution 1/350 801 Rare
Cutty Sark 1/350 802 Rare
Spanish Galleon 1/350 803 ( 2 of these) Rare

MONOGRAM
USS United States 1/150

AIRFIX
HMS Victory 09252
Endeavor Bark 09251

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I have built mostly MONSTERS! But I also have some comic stuff too! I have a Russian VOSTOK built and a 1967 Corvette Convertible, LIS Robot...etc.

I also am assembling a collection of 1971 Aurora Monster Scene kits! These are my favorites right now! I simply LOVE 'EM! They are getting tougher and tougher to find complete for a reasonable price.

MMM

·
Registered
564 Posts
My modeling interest is pretty much figures, primarily the classic monsters. I'm also interested in super heros and villans. My build ups so far are mostly PL reissues of the old Aurora monsters, but the to do pile is more varied. I'm currently working on AMT's Kirk, Spock and Scotty to go with the McCoy I just finished. I picked up the PL Enterprise and Klingon D7 to build as display pieces to go with the figures. I'm hoping a Romulan WB comes out in the 1/1000 scale as well to round out the set. I also have an interest in WWII era naval ships, but have not transfered that to modeling. Dad was an old Navy man, USS Missouri - BB63 so I've always had an interest in that ship in particular. There's a pretty good 1/350 scale version by Tamyia (I think) that I'd like to do. Anyway, after the Trek figures I'm going to attempt my first resin kit - The Panther Woman (from Island of Lost Souls) I picked up at Wonder Fest this year. Then I think I'm going to do the complete run of Odd Rods PL repoped. As I've mentioned in other posts - I LOVE THE ODD RODS!

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
My stash starts with the Aurora monsters, super heroes, and Sci-Fi kits. I also have a buncha Polar Lights figures and the 1/1000 scale Star Trek kits. I've drawn the line at the C-57D on the larger spacecraft. That's partly because of space (no pun intended) restrictions and because I still have quite a few AMT/Ertl kits. There are several Screamin', Horizon, and Billiken vinyl figures, and a host of resin Garage Kits waiting the light of day.

I've got all of the Revell Fink repops and a pretty good assortment of monster cars, from Elvira's Macabremobile to the Munsters vehicles and several others (I'm planning one big diorama with all those!). I also have the Lunar Models 1/35 scale Jupiter II kit and its adjuncts.

And yes, there even Revell's 1/28 scale WW I aircraft and a B-26 Martin Marauder lurking in the pile. What with the unfinished projects piled up, the model manufacturing industry could come to a screeching halt tomorrow and I doubt that I'd ever be able to get everything done in my lifetime. But even if I did, I've got couple boxes full of built-ups to play with, too...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i've got to catch up on the Fink kits ( i love those guys ) . i've got Rat Fink , Angel Fink but i haven't found ...was it Scuz ?? that just came out ? the one with the space suit .
hb

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
beck said:
i've got to catch up on the Fink kits ( i love those guys ) . i've got Rat Fink , Angel Fink but i haven't found ...was it Scuz ?? that just came out ? the one with the space suit .
hb
That's the one; he's still in the hobby shops hereabouts. And I still see him in vendors rooms at the contests, too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts