Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ERTL lost the rights to the CAT equipment years ago to I believe Norscott, DS. Think it was before they (ERTL) were bought out by RC.I don't think CAT would sell their rights back to any RC2/ERTL operation. I doubt anyone would at the current state that RC2 is in other than perhaps John Deere but ERTL already makes construction equipment for them based on really old castings, some of which are most likely 20+years old. Nice idea, but unlikely to ever happen.

EDIT: Did some quick research and ERTL lost their CAT license around 1998.

Sir Crafty

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Holiday cars continued
Black with Flames Series continued
Hollywood on Wheels
Your Car is the Star
Classic Gold
No crazy tampo stuff having nothing to do with the casting of a car (Coke Marvel, Norman Rockwell, etc)
Better distribution
12 car cases again
Cardboard with cool art or collector cards inside, instead of complete plastic tombs
No more Trinkets
Customer Service of a higher quality. (Big time company, with a small time staff, like before)
White Lightning traits that are special, and not always so obvious, and with only 1 version

Yea,...I think that covers all my peeves.:rolleyes:
That about covers it:thumbsup:

I'd love a release (perhaps a box set?) containing a race car and a car hauler or tow vehicle done in the same livery.

Perhaps throw in a pick-up truck with spare race tires and a RV, and you've got one heck of a race set!
This would really appeal to me, especially if it was some guy's weekend run, homebuilt race car.
A pickup or van hitched to an open trailer w/ tire racks as a tow setuo.

Maybe with a set of pit tools.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Salt flat racers-and speed record holders!!!!!!Jet dragsters-new and old-like the Green Monster!!!!!!!!Monster Pull Tractors-can you amagine what a WL 4 hemi motor Tractor would look like with 4 white motors-huge white rubber tires with huge treads on the tires-with gold rims- would look like?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Salt flat racers-and speed record holders!!!!!!Jet dragsters-new and old-like the Green Monster!!!!!!!!Monster Pull Tractors-can you amagine what a WL 4 hemi motor Tractor would look like with 4 white motors-huge white rubber tires with huge treads on the tires-with gold rims- would look like?
Sounds pretty cool, but will JL listen to the suggestions of a couple of "DRAGS" like us :p

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I hope that the hundreds of cars that never made it to the retail store pegs all show up at KB toys real soon, at two for $5.00!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Some new army stuff would be cool...STEALTH,B1 BOMBER,APACHE,NEW TANKS, and the best for me....the most deadly combo in history since "THE DINOSOAR KILLER" a WL and regular of the nuclear bomb "LITTLE BOY"

·
Registered
683 Posts
Some new army stuff would be cool...STEALTH,B1 BOMBER,APACHE,NEW TANKS, and the best for me....the most deadly combo in history since "THE DINOSOAR KILLER" a WL and regular of the nuclear bomb "LITTLE BOY"
Leutinent Dan-Little Boy aint got no wheels!Momma always said life is like a box of whites-ya never know what ya gonna get!I dig on the army stuff-too!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Hey, I would let JL make my car, but who would by a '93 Taurus, white with rust spots, and missing a hub cap on the rear passenger's side? Of course, it was made after '85, so LIGHTNING44 might be interested...LOL!

41 - 60 of 87 Posts