Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered

The Walmart and Target stores in my area have been pretty dry, but Giant grocery stores just got some cars in this past weekend. We have 2 stores here in town and I went to both and betwwen the 2 stores I sorted thru a total of 6 fresh dump bins. Out of all of those cars I managed to find just this 1 $TH Civic, and there were probably well over 20 regular t-hunt Jeeps and Ducks most of which I left behind.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome 1999 Honda civic type R EK9 super treasure hunt you got congrats.馃憤 I'm still on the hunt for this one and I can't wait to add it to my hot wheels collection.馃憤

Registered
Hot Wheels

The Walmart and Target stores in my area have been pretty dry, but Giant grocery stores just got some cars in this past weekend. We have 2 stores here in town and I went to both and betwwen the 2 stores I sorted thru a total of 6 fresh dump bins. Out of all of those cars I managed to find just this 1 $TH Civic, and there were probably well over 20 regular t-hunt Jeeps and Ducks most of which I left behind.
You ever come from pa to md? Because I feel like you鈥檙e beating me to stuff鈥

Registered
Oh ok, I hit so many giants but all we鈥檙e done through and I somehow found a d case th and a reg ek9
Another local "collector" in my area here once told me that he doesn't bother to check grocery stores because they get international cases and the odds of finding a $TH are much harder. I did not notice that the ones I went thru were int'l cards but in the 6 bins I sorted thru, there was probably over 20 72ct cases........and I only pulled 1 $TH so maybe he's right?

Registered
Hot Wheels
Another local "collector" in my area here once told me that he doesn't bother to check grocery stores because they get international cases and the odds of finding a $TH are much harder. I did not notice that the ones I went thru were int'l cards but in the 6 bins I sorted thru, there was probably over 20 72ct cases........and I only pulled 1 $TH so maybe he's right?
At the end of the day it鈥檚 still a super!
Hust got back from another giant, with both international AND US cases. Weird. They were both f. Someone beat me there but I got this
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
From all accounts, the odds for a $uper in an International case are higher than finding one in a US for some reason.
I always check supermarkets. I've found 3 in the last 3 years at grocery stores. I've had better luck there than the big box stores.

Registered
Hot Wheels
From all accounts, the odds for a $uper in an International case are higher than finding one in a US for some reason.
I always check supermarkets. I've found 3 in the last 3 years at grocery stores. I've had better luck there than the big box stores.
Im no one to talk to because I鈥檝e never found a super, but us cases are better than international (fresh) but stores that carry international cases don鈥檛 have as much traffic toy wise

Registered
I should have been clearer in my reply.
It is tougher to find a $uper in an International case as compared to a domestic one.
It depends on the store carrying those International cases. There have been times where the local grocery store has had newer stuff than Wal-Mart and Target. It all depends on the store.

Registered
I've done well here at the local Giant stores over the years. I find at least 1 $TH there pretty much every year and sometimes I find multiples. I think it was 2 years ago I found the '17 Nissan GTR $TH there and I pulled 3 of them out of 2 dump bins. Back in 2015 I scored my best $TH I've ever found there which was the '71 Datsun 510 Wagon $TH. I never overlook that store.

Registered
Hot Wheels
I should have been clearer in my reply.
It is tougher to find a $uper in an International case as compared to a domestic one.
It depends on the store carrying those International cases. There have been times where the local grocery store has had newer stuff than Wal-Mart and Target. It all depends on the store.
T
I've done well here at the local Giant stores over the years. I find at least 1 $TH there pretty much every year and sometimes I find multiples. I think it was 2 years ago I found the '17 Nissan GTR $TH there and I pulled 3 of them out of 2 dump bins. Back in 2015 I scored my best $TH I've ever found there which was the '71 Datsun 510 Wagon $TH. I never overlook that store.
I want that that鈥檚 uper so bad, I wish I was collecting then

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't found a super treasure hunt at any store since December 2019 at Target which was the 1967 Jeepster commando and all of my local grocery stores are getting us cases. The only store around here right now that is getting international cases and getting newer hot wheels in before target or Walmart is Kinney drugs but either way if it is a us case or an international case I can't find a super treasure hunt anywhere it is either other collectors or resellers or store employees going through the cases and taking the super treasure hunts before they go out on the pegs or in display shippers or dump bins or the cases don't have any super treasure hunts in them at all or the people that work at the factory in Malaysia they're taking all the super treasure hunts to go sell on eBay to make money. So these are all the reasons why I can't find a super treasure hunt at any store I go to look for hot wheels.

Administrator
It is probably a bit of both @samace22, but mostly it is that there just havent been as many $THs to find in the cases according to all the collectors I know. Those that just rummage thru them when they come across them - like me - are not finding them of course. But the guys who go out every day (and more) are not finding them either.

Eventually that may translate into those being more valuable since they are not as available (?) as the previous years have been. But is that not what we want to happen anyway - for them to be worth more! Regardless of if you want to sell them now or just know they are more valuable than they were. The whole point of gathering a collection together is its value to you. And that can be financial and/or pleasure - depending on who you are and what you want them to be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts