Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the 67 Camaro because it is an all metal chassis, with an opening hood. Also like that car in real life....

I also like the original VW Beetle because its cool and is all metal too.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well i got to say this one is an unusal one. I rather like the car Trak Tune. I found my first one when the store manager let me have one that some kid had opened up. I have three different castings of that car. Its cool!!!

In a tie for first i love the corevette grand sport. I found an decal error on one and fell in love with it ever since. I have three casting as well of this one. I need the blue variation from 2008. I have the black one and grey one and the mystery one

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The new Javelin. The body lines look really nice, I like the fact they used the same size tires all the way around, and not their usual giant rears and small fronts. I will buy this one in every color it comes out in.

Plus I love the real car, I used to own a 73 AMX Javelin, and plan to get on again one day, I really regret ever selling that car.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
The 67 Camaro is one of my favs too. Altho it is a poplular choice...

I am won over by the new 69 Camaro Cast... seems very acurate to me, and has a alot more detail than the 67 cast. i think the 67 is now outdated, even tho the hood opens, it's lack of door outlines is a blaring problem to me.
Thinkin about getting rid of all my 67's, have tons (most loose limiteds and HTF's in a glass display case) and go into collecting the 69's... I'm sure they will use this cast extensively.. including alot of limiteds

..other favs of mine is the Meyers Manx dune buggy...thought they did a good job on that one... and the original redline casts of the Custom Mustang and Custom Camaro... the original designer was told to make them look like "Hot Rods" and I love the rake they put on them.. with the jacked up rear end!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. I love the gigantic wing on the KG. I love that you can remove it. The Dairy Delivery and '67 Pontiac GTO are right up there. I love the DD because it's such a chunky casting that lends itself to many paint schemes and I'm just a big Pontiac GTO fan and this is the best HW casting.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I'm going to dip back in time here and say . . . Redlines " S'COOL BUS " as I can picture pulling up and opening up the doors as the children enter for the ride of there lives as they have no idea of what's in the back for a motor :eek::eek::

Hang on kidddddddddies as the " S'Cool Bus " burns out for a warm up and then hits the gas as the whole body lifts up for a wheelie and the kids roll and tumble back to the rear window to the next bus stop ....

Enter at your own risk kiddies as I snicker :devil:.:lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
My absolute favorite is the Mighty Maverick/Street Snorter casting, since I own a real 1970 Ford Maverick. I just wish that Mattel would return this casting back to the mainline.

Some of my other favorites include the '67 Camaro hardtop, the '65 Mustang, the 1978 cast of the '57 T-Bird, the Custom Nomad/Alive '55/Classic Nomad, the 1977 cast of the '57 Chevy, the 1982 cast of the '55 Chevy, and the old Bronco 4-Wheeler. I know the last two casts have been retired, but those castings are some of the ones I have the most variations of. And that new '55 Chevy casting they have is ugly compared to the old one.

EDIT: I forgot two really important ones: the 3-Window '34 and the Fat Fendered 40. I have a lot of favorites.:p

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I don't find myself drawn very often to the main line cars, but of how I love thier I high end!

don't think I could pick just one, I really enjoy so many of the 100% racing castings. Some amazing and obscure replicas done soooo very well. But at this moment, I will choose this one...(another one time casting, as is so often the case in this line..)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
My favorite mainline castings would be the 427 Cobra & '67 Camaro, as these are the only mainline castings that I collect. As far as the 100% castings, it is impossible for me to pick a favorite, as there are just so many really good ones. :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
For me its a tie between the Classic Cobra and the 68 Dodge Charger. An opening hood is a must in the finest HW traditions,metal baseplate helps and perhaps the best humour ever shown in mainline is the 2006 Charger t-Hunt, an original re-take of the General Lee design and my favourite mainline of the post redline era.

I must agree that the lack of door lines spoils the 67 Camaro and owning one Redline Camaro which really does have the correct Camaro curves shows the 1982 recasting to be very disappointing by comparison.

·
Registered
891 Posts
HUMMM Lets see I woud have to say my most Favorite casting would be??? LOL can anyone figure it out. my 2nd Fav is a tie Between Nitty Gritty Kitty, & Heavy Chevy

·
Registered
674 Posts
Some good calls, I see.

But I'd have to go with the classics. Duesy, Auburn, Cord (redline and newer), Talbot, Mercedes (530?), Rolls, Packard. Hot Heap, always wanted one, the one I have now is a basket case.

But most any old muscle car will do. I like the hot rods too. And the racers, especially the floppers. And every once in a while I like some of the fantasy stuff. But there will always be a special place in my heart for the deora...was my first hot wheel *way* back when. Other fave redlines were the Woody, 36 Ford (with rumble seat), light my firebird, eldorado and nitty gritty kitty. Waaaay too many to pick just one.

·
Registered
953 Posts
My favorite HW casting would have to be the Tail Dragger. I love the look of the rounded front and dropped rear end. To me it just says classic, cool, cruising rod. I have about 10 different variations of this in my collection most of them new in the package. Pick one up today and feel the clasic cruise in you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nearly all of the 100% line are great to hard to choose just 1
I agree, but if I was forced to choose out of the 100% line, it would be the fiat coupe dragster, with Pendragon family livery. I have the gray one loose in my display case and the detail is unsurpassed by anyone, it is an awesome piece.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts