Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
The terms "pressure cast" and "urethane plastic" in the item listing would seem to indicate resin, as McDee stated above.

One word of caution, just in case you've never dealt with Monsters In Motion before. Regardless of what it says in the listing, contact them first to make sure this kit is in stock. They tend to list items they don't actually have in-hand, and if it's not currently available you might have to wait several months before you receive what you've paid for because they won't do another run until they have enough orders to make it worth their time and effort.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Actually, in defense of Monsters In Motion, they no longer charge you unless it's ready to ship. That's how they handled my recent purchase of the Charles Laughton "Island of Lost Souls" model. I ordered it a year ago, and when they finally stocked it last month, I was charged.

I remember years ago they charged me and I never got the item because it was unavailable; they were actually kinda ticked off that I wanted my money back months later.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I will verify what Tim said, I have purchased four times over about a three year period with the latest being the new Aurora box art Frankenstein and they never charged me prior to shipping. Previous to five years ago I can't say but my four or five orders have all been excellent.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Actually, in defense of Monsters In Motion, they no longer charge you unless it's ready to ship...I remember years ago they charged me and I never got the item because it was unavailable; they were actually kinda ticked off that I wanted my money back months later.
I will verify what Tim said, I have purchased four times over about a three year period with the latest being the new Aurora box art Frankenstein and they never charged me prior to shipping. Previous to five years ago I can't say but my four or five orders have all been excellent.
I defer to your positive experiences. I haven't done business with MiM for 4-5 years now because I got tired of their questionable business ethics; I sincerely hope they're trying to improve their customer service practices.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I have ordered three or four kits from them over the last few years with no issues. They actually gave me the pre-order price on the box art tribute Frankenstein even though it happened to be in stock when I ordered it so it wasn't really a pre order. I had asked them some questions about another order and they were helpful. A friend of mine also buys some kits from them and has not had any problems.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
iv'e had several 'urathane' kits from them. it's just is polyurathane resin, a hard resin/plastic compound - great for detail and is lighter to ship!.. iv'e stopped purchases from them due to the worst service in the kit industry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts