Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason it seems like evilbay has been flooded with this particular white lightning. all have gone for over $100. the linked one went for $200. it just seems odd that they are all going for so high $$ even though there were so many listed at the same time. it also seems odd that so many popped up at the very same time considering how old this car is. your thoughts??
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-WL-MUSCLE-CARS-202-04-1968-CHARGER-WHITE-LIGHTNING_W0QQitemZ320064780094QQihZ011QQcategoryZ19045QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Not sure. I've noticed the same thing. Possibly the same car being resold. It is a rare piece and is going to get bids. So somebody pays $125 and he immediately relists it. One of the losers is gonna be honked off about being outbid and sell the farm when he sees the car again. Car sells for $150 this time. Someone else sees this and has one of these cars. He lists it with dollar signs dancing in his head. Process starts over until a serious collector wins and puts it in a case somewhere. By the way, does anybody know who this "nrls" guy is anyway??? Lists alot of stuff with ridiculous BIN's...... :freak:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just did some homework and about 10 of them are all from the same seller. each listing also ended a day apart. i believe there were only a few already sold under a different seller and a few currently listed. i can't imagine one person having that many of that rare WL at the same time but i've seen stranger things before. i hope he isn't going to do a grab the cash and run scam as it seems like he made near $1000 in only a few days.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That is Wreese. Back in the day he bought alot of the WLs. Rumor had it he had a connection with Playing Mantis also. I do remember him having a set of the Corvette Classics WL all with the same serial # on the base (I think it was#002). Anyway he does own quite a large WL collection and I guess he is now unloading a few. Also, if you notice all his WLs have low serial #'s. I think some of the other old timers should remember him or even know the scoop. Later

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
bon69 said:
That is Wreese. Back in the day he bought alot of the WLs. Rumor had it he had a connection with Playing Mantis also. I do remember him having a set of the Corvette Classics WL all with the same serial # on the base (I think it was#002). Anyway he does own quite a large WL collection and I guess he is now unloading a few. Also, if you notice all his WLs have low serial #'s. I think some of the other old timers should remember him or even know the scoop. Later
Warren is one of the best sellers on the 'Bay! :thumbsup: I've won WL's from his auctions on the 'Bay. His shipping is Lightning fast! His WL's are acturately described and most are MOC to NMOC. He was my favorite seller on the 'Bay.
I noticed he was inactive selling until recently. I remember when Warren listed WL's on the 'Bay they almost always sold for a high price because most bidders knew they were of high quality (MOC, hard to get WL, low number on early WHITES).

I pretty sure WL Paul has dealt with Warren and can vouch for his honesty.
When I was active with bidding on some hard to get WL's from Warren, I think WL Paul outbid me on several WHITES that I wanted.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
He certainly knows what he has, and he is topps in service.

I think he had a hook up, because you'll see sometimes they are sequential numbers on those 200 "Whites".

Man, I need to finish 202-04, but don't think I can psyche (sp) myself to spend the coin. LOL!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
he has been listing some very hard to find wl`s lately..

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is good that he is on the up and up. looks like he should be able to retire if he plans on unloading everything you guys say he has.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts