Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the 10 pack finally-picked up the Vw 10 pack with a green '66 Vw Bug- with a white interior only. Is this a WL?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not 100% sure about the VW's, But the Whites in the Mopar and Muscle Cars sets have White interiors and Rims. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have the VW set. Is the one your talking about green with a yellow horizontal stripe on the side? If so, the one I have has black interior. Interesting..............

Also, mine doesn't list a 66 Beetle, only 64 & 65.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jasydad, Its the same green one you are referring to. I did see a set with a Black interior instead of the white I bought. So the interior is definately white. The windows might be tinted also, but it seems some other cars in the set has tinted windows. Also I was just guessing it was a '66. (The 62's to 66's all look alike to me)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Al Markin said:
VW w/l are just the white interiors! Quite obvious with all the other black interiors

Yup, no white wheels on this one. The regular version has a black interior. I was lucky enough to find two sets with white interiors and a single set with a black to confirm what I was looking at!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would like to know where I can obtain this set. VW castings is what pulled me into this hobby--more than any other the Johnny Lightning castings--

I cannot find this set anywhere?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not in Atlanta--I am in there daily looking for VW and other castings I like.

I have never seen a WL and most likely will not--people camp out

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
AJCBOSS said:
Has there ever been any WL's with just 1 characteristic?
Are these the first?
Mopar or No Car Release 3 (plastic tire versions) WLs and Mopar Muscle Release 5 only had white bases for their white lightnings. There may have been others.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Dont bet on white int only being a WL . There were 6 sets of VW's at my TRU & every one has a blue & red transporter with white int . I find it hard to believe that every set would be a WL set ! With the same truck WL in it ... Of the Mopar sets I only found 2 were w/ WL , and none of the Muscle Car sets I found had WL's . Like most JL's , there are probably 2 differences to make it A WL .

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dont bet on white int only being a WL . There were 6 sets of VW's at my TRU & every one has a blue & red transporter with white int . I find it hard to believe that every set would be a WL set ! With the same truck WL in it ... Of the Mopar sets I only found 2 were w/ WL , and none of the Muscle Car sets I found had WL's . Like most JL's , there are probably 2 differences to make it A WL .-------------------------------------------------------------------
Edseldave, On the 3 Vw sets I saw: all the Blue/red Transporters have an "off-white interior", so those are not WL's. The Green Bug I found has a "bright-white" interior, so you can see the difference. I'm guessing the WL Blue/red Transporters have a "Bright white interior", so its just a matter of very carefully comparing all 10 pack sets when you find them.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
alnglas said:
I would like to know where I can obtain this set. VW castings is what pulled me into this hobby--more than any other the Johnny Lightning castings--

I cannot find this set anywhere?
I seen a couple on eBay, Chevrolet-magic is the seller, I don't know how to post the URL? He has some Mopar ones also.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
edseldave said:
Dont bet on white int only being a WL . There were 6 sets of VW's at my TRU & every one has a blue & red transporter with white int . I find it hard to believe that every set would be a WL set ! With the same truck WL in it ... Of the Mopar sets I only found 2 were w/ WL , and none of the Muscle Car sets I found had WL's . Like most JL's , there are probably 2 differences to make it A WL .
Those blue/red transporters don't have the full white interiors like the W/L's do, very little white, not the same, I'm sure the pictures will be showing up?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts