Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tracks are small where I live. NW Pa. and we average 82-88 laps per four minutes running stock. Just wondering what the tracks are like in your neck of the woods. I love to hear guys say Man!, we ran 50 laps, talk about nerve wracking! I invite you all to little old Lucky Thirteen Raceway where every sunday is just like Bristol!

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
we have a track here in indy that we get 92 laps in 4 min in stock

·
Registered
64 Posts
Smallest Club track - Latham NY. (76' runline) started in early 90's with 1/12 4c stock - 80 laps in 4min., then went to 5min. and ran 102 - 104 laps (2000 ni-cad days). We did run 1/10 stock after a while, first 6c then went to 4c (1/12 would usually outrun the 6c 1/10 cars).
Smallest track ever - In the basement of a friend's house, guessing the runline was 45' - 50' . OUTER dimensions were around 30' x 12' , infield was a couple of 2x4's end to end, about 17'-18' long. Ran 1/12 cars (1982-1983), sometimes 8 -10 at a time. If a track like that doesn't teach you to lift, and drive in traffic, NOTHING will.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
mikemurphy said:
Smallest Club track - Latham NY. (76' runline) started in early 90's with 1/12 4c stock - 80 laps in 4min., then went to 5min. and ran 102 - 104 laps (2000 ni-cad days). We did run 1/10 stock after a while, first 6c then went to 4c (1/12 would usually outrun the 6c 1/10 cars).
Smallest track ever - In the basement of a friend's house, guessing the runline was 45' - 50' . OUTER dimensions were around 30' x 12' , infield was a couple of 2x4's end to end, about 17'-18' long. Ran 1/12 cars (1982-1983), sometimes 8 -10 at a time. If a track like that doesn't teach you to lift, and drive in traffic, NOTHING will.
The professor lives! Great to hear from you again mike

-E

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
I ran on a very small banked oval years ago (6 or 7) where the track record was 104 laps in 4 minutes, 1/12 4 cell stock.
I ran here with Mike, lap times just over 2 seconds. No kidding. It was like flying Jet Fighters in a Gymnasium! That particular track was in New Milford, CT. A different layout exists now.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
charger01 said:
The tracks are small where I live. NW Pa. and we average 82-88 laps per four minutes running stock. Just wondering what the tracks are like in your neck of the woods. I love to hear guys say Man!, we ran 50 laps, talk about nerve wracking! I invite you all to little old Lucky Thirteen Raceway where every sunday is just like Bristol!
Where is your track in NW PA? I love the small tracks, smaller the better!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Banked track at Pit Road columbus ohio is small bowl.. Mod we start 2.2 sec laps and finish 2.3 sec laps..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Bullring at Trax70

Trax70 indoor track. I think the record is at least 128 in 6 minutes. Now believe me during six minutes the body does a lot of weird things. Legs twitch, feet fall asleep, transmitters shake, teeth get gritted,eyes tear, and the mind constantly fades. But man is it fun!!!

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
they did a 10 minute main at st. roc one friday night. its not a short track but it was a long race it was fun for the first 5 mins. the other half was more of a dance routine on the stand. trying to keep off one foot for 30 seconds than switching to the other one lol. but it was fun after all. lake city r/c speedway is pretty short. i think the record is 94 in 5 mins

Rusty NutZ
p.s. ken, where do you live. i wanna try out your track lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
r/c world & raceway's last track in massena ny... 84' runline, not the smallest, but with the 12 degree banking all the way around it made it awsomly fast!!! 106 laps with a 1/10 4cell stock in five minutes.

my good friend and i and another bud made a track in his girlfriend's mother's garage, it was 24' x 8' it was crazy fast because it was back in the six cell days, we didn't have any sort of lap counting, but we sure did break alot of parts!!

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
there was another one in hogansburg new york called fasttracks speedway or something like it. it was smaller than the one at the paper company and a lot more banking. i forget what the record was.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
269 Posts
From what I've read the Plattsburgh track is 88ft. The former Cornwall trioval was also 88ft.

I have stuff to make a little oval around 70 ft. not sure I'll know once I'll lay down carpet. The problem is to get my few buddies with similar cars. Some with Formula1 cars others with buggies or touring cars. Surely some RTR kit will do the trick.

There's also a place called Kenzo Arena where they ran Tamiya Mini Coopers on 30' x 15' surface.

Stephane Courchense

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the good words about Glen Burnie. Just a note that the 07 -08 season plans are uder way already. we'll still have 4 cell stock but might be adding a 13.5 brushless class and revamp the rookie class.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts