Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising ebay today I found some Lesneys labeled as MOKO Lesney's. What does MOKO stand for? Are these cars harder to find??

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Moko was the putting together of the two names who started lesney,I believe.. and yes, i do believe they are earlier models..

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Moko was the putting together of the two names who started lesney,I believe.. and yes, i do believe they are earlier models..
Allmost.
My book says Leslie Smith and Rodney Smith (unrelated) were the founders.
Moko is from Moses Kohnstam who packaged and distributed MBs. Lesney later bought out Moko.

Another strange name you will find on old Lesney products like carrying cases, catalogs, and other packaging bound for the U.S. market is Fred Bonner.
Bonner was a salesman that imported the product and distributed it. Lesney bought him out as well, and then he became the first president of Lesney Products U.S.A.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Allmost.
My book says Leslie Smith and Rodney Smith (unrelated) were the founders.
Moko is from Moses Kohnstam who packaged and distributed MBs. Lesney later bought out Moko.

Another strange name you will find on old Lesney products like carrying cases, catalogs, and other packaging bound for the U.S. market is Fred Bonner.
Bonner was a salesman that imported the product and distributed it. Lesney bought him out as well, and then he became the first president of Lesney Products U.S.A.
I learned something today, thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts