Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hearing the Canadian Wally's are getting in 50+ cases at one time. There is a post on the Lane about how one gentleman found 26 WL at soem Canadian Wlamarts. I know we got some cases at a few discount stores, but 50+ cases per store, that's just mad!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I agree with you there. Somebody is screwing up. Also the problem with the items not scanning to get them into the stores inventories. Some stores are not putting them out due this problem.:mad:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Tell me about it--I was given a tip quite some time ago last year that this would be happening. When I found out that the Calendar Car Series was going to get shipped overseas (or some to Canada, apparently) I called RC2 directly and told them that I would be interested in purchasing "quantity" of cases if this would be the case. "if you are not an authorized dealer than no" is what I was told. I asked if there was anyway that they would accept any kind of payment from me and I went round and round and still all I got was NO for an answer. To hear that Canadian WM's bought these for 25 cents each and received literally thousands of cases and I was willing to pay them $20.00 a case or so or whatever. Just goes to show that they must not need the money that much. RC2 should have played this one a bit smarter in my book and offered them as well in the U.S. prior to Christmas for $1.00 each so there would have been some for everyone--Thanks RC2 ---Mike

mikeslightnings

:mad:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I just think it's a clearance blowout as opposed to mis-distribution. Similar to a Big Lots or 5 Below type deal. Send them to a market that doesn't usually get them, good marketing if you asked me. Many of those would be $1 pegwarmers around here. They'll probably sell well to more willing recipients in Canada, in theory anyway.

Maybe some of you expert hunters should take a road trip to the great white north, eh? Just leave the snow there, we're doing just fine here without it. :wave:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I never saw calendar cars or auction insanity here so I believe those would have sold out.Also besides most zinger pegwarmers I believe 50% of the stuff would have sold very fast however the 50% left on the pegs would have to be discounted to have any hope of being sold.I`m including any type of car that has a motor sticking through the hood[IMO those sell very poorly here]
This in turn wouldn`t have looked good on the shelves next to the new updated JL`s that are now selling for more money.
Wonder if this is good for the Canadian people that are hoping to get new products though? Their shelves maybe full of old product.

I would have loved for this product to hit the big lots stores though. :cry:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know we got them at big lots and 5 below and some at ollies, but in now way did any of those stores get 50+ cases at each store. They were lucky if they got three to four cases.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
i unno, my Ollies here had about... 40 pegs full (6 tall, 7 wide i believe) full, so about 8 cars per peg... multiply.. divide... about 26 cases they got.

But that was the older stuff (pro collector tins!) and some older SF's that we all saw hanging on sear's shirts and TRU 2-packs

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Its funny you guys get JL/WL's for a buck all day long and Canada gets some cases... , just so you guys know we regularly get our stuff 2-3 months after you. All I can say is ....

Or you could ask one of our friendly Canadian members to be on the look for you. :wave:

I have not seen 50+ cases or heard of it in this Province, if I do I'll post it here first. Just for the record we JUST got Big Boats.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I hear you Travis, many of those sets would have done well here. And, if the stores here had ordered them, they would have gotten them to sell, and they would have sold at full retail for the most part. But they mustn't have ordered them, and with no other outlet, they went to Canada. Good for Canada. I know I'm looking to make some new friends up that way, and maybe get some help from some old ones. :wave:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Just LMK I'm always willing to help. I think those white wheels look funny anyway, we have enough white around here...

(this pic is from Bean town though)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey yes come on up, beers in the fridge, steaks and sausage for the BBQ, the wife said no to the shoe models. damn it!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
gto64274 said:
yes, let's all move up there and we can then ...THROW SOME SHRIMP ON THE BAR-BI, HEY MATEY'S.....oops wrong country
:roll:

·
Registered
283 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
I just think it's a clearance blowout as opposed to mis-distribution. Similar to a Big Lots or 5 Below type deal. Send them to a market that doesn't usually get them, good marketing if you asked me. Many of those would be $1 pegwarmers around here. They'll probably sell well to more willing recipients in Canada, in theory anyway.

Maybe some of you expert hunters should take a road trip to the great white north, eh? Just leave the snow there, we're doing just fine here without it. :wave:
Well said, there are alot of times that we're starving for JL's up here. Wally is the only consistent distibutor and even then, sporadic at best. Most Wally;s here have two or 3 sets of pegs reserved forJL, thats it. Sometimes it's just one peg, or random strips. TRU is so damn inconsistent that its impossible to figure out. We don't get any five packs, we don't get the 2 packs, this X-Mas was the first we saw of any Marvel 1/24 JL's at all, and we wont see any of the new JL packaged stuff until the spring probably.

It does suck for the American collectors and I do feel for you guys. But know that the second they come here and go on clearance, they will be snapped up ASAP by collectors and kids too.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think the OLDs did a pretty darn good job of providing access to every release, I'm not sure about the Gold Series. But all other releases were made available by the On Line Dealers. If you call them they could get them for you.
Now the cars are in Canada, I say good for them.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Like I said before, thats why racing champions sucks, look all the nascar stuff they produced and got stuck with. They'll do it to the johnny lightning cars. Hopefully they go bankrupt. That would be the best thing, or people stop buying.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
O'kay all JL collectors in US; relax!!!!!!

This is only a small regional thing at the best in a small area.
The stores that are getting the $1 deals are all located in the close
vacinity of a major, as in huge, distribution centre. And NO WHERES ELSE.
I think we are talking about 200 to 1,000 cases at the most for all these stores.
Sorry, to tell the rest of our fellow Canadians across this vast land that it is just
not happening. I have e-mailed and phoned several people in various areas in the last
couple of days. And been scanning various boards. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.
I have visited several Walmarts in the last several days hoping that the $1.00
deals show up. Or for that matter, some brand spanking new JLs in the NEW packages.
If the Canadian distribution follows the same as before, we MAY get one or two cases
of any product ONCE or TWICE ever couple of months. And that could months after
it shows up in the US. Many times, we don't get the stuff that is released there.

As Boogie said in one of his postings, we will be letting everyone know as soon as we
see them.
Let's face it, this would be a huge never-before event for JL collectors in the Great
White North. I am hoping that it does happen.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 20 of 36 Posts