Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know about you , but I sure would like to see some new kits produced , and not the same old fodder ( you know what I mean ) . Just for starts I would like to see the following in styrene :

US and German versions of the MBT 70 and it's ARV versions in ( 1/35 )

An AH-56A Cheyenne in ( 1/35 )

A CH-54 A and B in ( 1/35 )

an Alaska Class Large Cruiser in styrene , in (1/350 )

a late TYPE IXC40 U-boat with the cut away front decking plate and snorkel in ( 1/72 ) and ( 1/350 )

a Sacramento Class AOE in styrene , in ( 1/350 )

An M103A2 HBT in ( 1/35 )

An M51 HARV also in ( 1/35 )

An SU-47 in ( 1/48 )

and that's just the tip of the iceberg . . .

GK:rolleyes:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Fatter?
Fodder?

Yah, I know whatcha mean.

I'm dying for a 1/48 series of WWII experimentals from one of the good model companies like Hasegawa - XP-54, 55, 56, and the P-47 experimentals, the XP-47H and J, and the XP-72.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fatter?
Fodder?

Yah, I know whatcha mean.

I'm dying for a 1/48 series of WWII experimentals from one of the good model companies like Hasegawa - XP-54, 55, 56, and the P-47 experimentals, the XP-47H and J, and the XP-72.
Yes , it is " fodder ' and I corrected it , thank you . And , YES , I also would like to see an accurate XP-72 in both (1/72 ) and ( 1/48 ) . Same for a P-51 H , AM-1 Mauler , and SC-1 and SC-2 Seahawks .

GK

·
Registered
6 Posts
not to anger anyone but what I would most love to see is a price reduction in all lines of modeling
lower the prices and cut S&H down a bit and you the seller will profit by more sales
zi can almost have a real 1 on 1 scale tiger tank for what we have to pay for a 1-35 scale model the price of kits plus the price of S&H puts the price to much for the older generation
had to get that off my chest
thanks
grandad43

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
'Tis a valid point. Many people feel the hobby is dying because the prices are so high that only well-off adults with disposable income can buy kits. As older modelers die off, and no young ones are joining the hobby, plastic modeling may go the way of the dodo.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
I too would like to see an injection kit of a AH-56A Cheyenne in any scale available.
Definitely! 1/48 would be awesome. Anigrand has a resin one in 1/72 I've been meaning to check out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know about you , but I sure would like to see some new kits produced , and not the same old fodder ( you know what I mean ) . Just for starts I would like to see the following in styrene :

US and German versions of the MBT 70 and it's ARV versions in ( 1/35 )

An AH-56A Cheyenne in ( 1/35 )

A CH-54 A and B in ( 1/35 )

an Alaska Class Large Cruiser in styrene , in (1/350 )

a late TYPE IXC40 U-boat with the cut away front decking plate and snorkel in ( 1/72 ) and ( 1/350 )

a Sacramento Class AOE in styrene , in ( 1/350 )

An M103A2 HBT in ( 1/35 )

An M51 HARV also in ( 1/35 )

An SU-47 in ( 1/48 )

and that's just the tip of the iceberg . . .

GK:rolleyes:
I think I will add to the list a ( 1/350 ) 1945 U.S.S. Midway ( CVB-41 ) , and a ( 1/350 ) 1945 U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt ( CVB-42 ) .

·
Registered
531 Posts
For me I would love to see the following.......

All are in 1-350....

Ark Royal
Nelson and Rodney
Victorious
Suffolk or Norfolk
Andrea Doria
Cossack
Altmark
Graf Zepplin
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Mary
Iron Duke

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For me I would love to see the following.......

All are in 1-350....

Ark Royal
Nelson and Rodney
Victorious
Suffolk or Norfolk
Andrea Doria
Cossack
Altmark
Graf Zepplin
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Mary
Iron Duke
That is an interesting list . I like the idea of a Nelson and Rodney , Queen Elizabeth , and Graf Zepplin .

GK

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
1/350 ships:

IJN Fuso Class
IJN Shinano
USN Angled Deck Essex Class (Vietnam Era)
USN Midway Class
RN Ark Royal

1/16 Armor

Jagdtiger

1/35

Elco PT Boat

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
not to anger anyone but what I would most love to see is a price reduction in all lines of modeling
lower the prices and cut S&H down a bit and you the seller will profit by more sales
grandad43
Yep, there are some very good Tamiya kits available now, but by the time they reach the UK, they're unreasonably expensive in my view. You can often find a 40-year-old, out-of-production kit, from a defunct model company, cheaper than the cost of a newly mass-produced Tamiya kit.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
1/350:
Star Wars Rebel Blockade Runner

1/35:
Star Wars AT-ST with crew.
A set of 2 Speeder bikes with riders.
A line of Imperial troops figure kits similar to Tamiya's 1/35 WWII soldiers.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
1/350 scale:

Angled deck Essex carriers.

Saturn V and Space shuttle stacks on Crawler w/ launch towers.

747's
1.) Shuttle carrier.
2) Airforce One.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts