Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got into the hobby Monster Truck off road was huge and then it just faded away did everyone just go to 1/8 scale buggy or what? I had one of those and believe me the monsters were cheaper. With the new tech of these monster trucks looks like it would come back in to vew .Tell me what your thoughts are on this class make a post .

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I first got into the hobby Monster Truck off road was huge and then it just faded away did everyone just go to 1/8 scale buggy or what? I had one of those and believe me the monsters were cheaper. With the new tech of these monster trucks looks like it would come back in to vew .Tell me what your thoughts are on this class make a post .
i believe it has a little to do with the truggy scene getting big, basically they are a big truck that can race, the tmaxx's and stuff like that were not really track friendly, people got tired of turning them back over ha ha.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Truggy's are faster, handle better, are more durable. Also, by the time you buy all the necessary racing mods to make a monster truck handle decently and hold together, a truggy is cheaper.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Dont know why for sure? We had two worth heats every weekend 2 years ago. Now there are none running. Just not that popular anymore? Monster trucks are more for bashing I guess?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Revo's are Fairly durable but the Transmissions are a Major weak Spot on any Monster Truck. Truggys are Shaft drive with a Center diff. and the Chassis is also more durable. I have seen many Monster Trucks Broken through the years. It is Rare to see a Truggy Break Somthing. Now Engines on the other hand........ We will stay on track- Monster trucks!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Never had a problem with my T-MAXX tranny and the 10 or so REVOs that ran there didnt either? hmmm? Different strokes for different folks I guess?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts