Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Just talking to a mate of mine Peter Loftus in Western Australia and he mentioned that he cannot contact Rebelworks. He was to be the 1st in Australia to have their latest Modified. He's paid in full for the car and shipping, but has had no contact since 12th August. He has had no replies to emails or phone calls. Anyone shed any light on what's going on here? Are they still in business?

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that they were in the process of building new stuff. He was online here on HT earlier today too. Maybe he'll read your post and reply back?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From information I've received in emails from America, it appears that Rebelworks have history in the non delivery of cars after payment has been made.

One other comment.
Clemenade ..if the situation was reversed.. how would you react to seeing...lol.. at the end of the comment.
My mate has been robbed and you laugh. Sorry... Didn't see the joke pal!
Very inappropriate in my opinion.

·
Registered
325 Posts
From information I've received in emails from America, it appears that Rebelworks have history in the non delivery of cars after payment has been made.

One other comment.
Clemenade ..if the situation was reversed.. how would you react to seeing...lol.. at the end of the comment.
My mate has been robbed and you laugh. Sorry... Didn't see the joke pal!
Very inappropriate in my opinion.
My apologies i was just trying to lighten the mood i dont want anybody to be ripped off let alone myself. if i could take it back i would. has anyone got one at all? under the new 1/4 scale manufacture thread somebody bought one. i know a week ago they anounced that they were gonna be gone for a litle while to revamp but it dont give them the right to take your money and run.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clemenade,
Apology accepted...mate, as you can imagine I'm fairly hot about this.
I've had nothing but wonderful dealings buying gear out of America. Eveyone has gone out of their way to assist me over the years in getting 4 cars plus assorted items like spares or tyres from Todd Bishop etc.. to the other side of the world. I thank everyone that has ever dealt with me for their patience and assistance.
It annoys me when people get screwed by someone in whom they have place a lot of trust and we have to, as we really geographically displaced. Peter cannot just jump in a car and drive to Iola and demand his money back or take out his frustration with some pyshical threat.
Anyway we're still on the case.
Thank you for your time.
Bob J

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Bob:
I am sorry to hear that this situation has come about. I value my friends down under and will see what I can find out about these people. I hope they deliver what has been paid for or at least refund the money. You are right this is no laughing matter. I'll be in touch with you.
Fred

·
Registered
352 Posts
I travel all over the US. do you have a address for this guy. I know people from all over. If I can help. I will do so.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
where are they.

I travel all over the US. do you have a address for this guy. I know people from all over. If I can help. I will do so.
I looked up the ebay listing for this car and it said Iola Ks. I am going to look it up in a few. I also went back and looked at the post on here and a phone number was avalible as 620-380-6350.
I have also heard that others have unsettled dealings with this individual.
Iola is on route 169 south of Kansas city

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I have removed them from the LPR links and closed the other thread. No since in giving them anymore publicity if this is the results they offer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rebelworks update...

Just off the phone to Peter Loftus in Bunbury, Western Australia. Rebelworks have still not supplied Peter with his modified and are refusing to reimburse the money he paid them. It's looking like he's done his money and realistically has no recourse, as Consumers Affairs in Australia has no jurisdiction in the USA. Posting this so people on this site are aware of the business practices of this Company.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rebelworks-jeff Richards

The person in question here is Jeff Richards. His address is 301 South Elm, Iola,KS. 1-620-365-6814.
Jeff, I hope you read this and respond to your customer. You need to step up and be a man and tell the truth. If i can help in any way, give me a call. 1-479-751-6232
Todd Bishop

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
If he does not respond; Contact the FBI in Kansas since it is a felony offense.

Hours:
Although the FBI operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our business hours are 8:15am - 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday. If you need to speak with an FBI representative at any other time, you may telephone the number listed below.

Address:
1300 Summit
Kansas City, Missouri 64105
Telephone:
(816) 512-8200
Email:
[email protected] ~ Please include name, telephone number, and mailing address in the event we need to contact you. Please do not include attachments unless otherwise instructed. E-mail we receive is reviewed; however; we cannot guarantee a response to all messages.

Kansas Internet Fraud:
A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
A piece of trickery; a trick.
One that defrauds; a cheat.
One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I bought 2 sets of hubs and a set of dirt tires tires from him a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize until after I sent money, I put 2&2 together on who it was then I was nervous eh. But I didn't have any problems thank god eh I got lucky Then I asked him if was building the mods he said he was but he is restructuring right now

1 - 20 of 26 Posts