Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started racing Oval again.

Is there a new oval site I don't know about or has oval racing in the US. been on the decline in general?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I just started racing Oval again.

Is there a new oval site I don't know about or has oval racing in the US. been on the decline in general?
Well you know how it is Ross.

There are many reasons Oval is not as strong as it once was.

Some people are RC car fans and will race anything RC and be happy. Some people are race fans and want to race the RC that is most like the sport they like ie: Dirt Oval guy probaly like WOO and the asphalt/carpet guys are NASCAR fans.

Technology changes hurt the worst IMO. And some people are just never satisfied with the class structure. I hope Tour and BRL keep the rules constant for awhile so classes are what they are and there is stability. Hopefully manufactures will calm down and stop intruducing the new best battery/motor/ESC. But we both know that will never happen.

The 0 timming vs dynamic timming debate is raging on worst than ever.

Some of us just keep on racing when we can...and love it. I like MTR and carpet. We dont run carpet all the time so its a treat when we do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my opinion, carpet oval has gotten way to complicated. With the influx of new cars, programmable esc's and a zillion tire compounds. Along with way to many classes. I went dirt oval and don't see myself going back to the rug anytime soon.

4 wheel drive open is a blast!

·
Registered
175 Posts
KnR hit it in the head imo, ESC's, cars, motor timing and needing laptops trackside not to mention trackside car dyno's, countless tire compounds have gotten it all out of control for average people or new people wanting to get involved with the carpet racing anyhow. The dirt oval gang have it alot better with the DODC stuff if you choose to race (as I have now) those classes.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
In my opinion, carpet oval has gotten way to complicated. With the influx of new cars, programmable esc's and a zillion tire compounds. Along with way to many classes. I
That's what Happened here to a lot of PPL
Classes would be set up for the year and than ppl half way through would decide they want to run a different class and start running that and break up the one class into 2 different classes
So you had to buy more stuff if you wanted to stay with the fast guy class
Spec class barely had what would be spec racers in them Had seasoned Vets running it so Nobody wanted to start out in that class
Maybe PPL will decide Tour rules and go with that and Nothing else Makes it real simple
Off Road tracks go buy Roar rules for 90% of them

Remember the KISS method

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
LOL, really go buy you a car from radio shack then and play in the backyard... WOW ITS called racing!!!! NOT PLAYING.

NO, the real reason is you have to work hard to win in carpet or paved oval, and thats too much for ya to do. GO play in the dirt where you can wreck 3 times a race and still win....Sick of ya!!!! Turn Left GO FAST...........
Thank You Jimmy

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Jimmy you are right to a point but you are in a place where they are not changing classes from year to year. I was like you and had the 13.5 motor in my car for 3 years but that was when brushless was first starting. I wish we had a track that had stable rules but the racers up here and a lot of places are wanting different stuff every year
And That is the issue for tracks Like I said if they went to TOUR Rules and said sorry either comply or don't race it might hurt at the start but the racers will race the classes offered and Oval will come back

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
ROSS (RPM)
This time last year you were bashing Oval, too expensive, hate to cut tires, 2 cell Dirt Oval is where its at. On and On you went. Now you say you are back in Oval and right away "where have all the Oval Racers gone?"
The true oval racers are right here, we did'nt go anywhere. And we still put up with guys like You coming on HT and stirring the crap. I know its a forum and you have a right to say what you want, No problem, but personally I'm a little sick and tired of hearing it.

Want to know where all the Oval racers are? Well last weekend there were close to a 100 of them in South Florida. I think the question should be is where were You? Don't you live in South Florida?

Oval racing takes preparation, practice, knowledge, skill and a little luck. You want to do well in Oval? It takes more then deep pockets, sponsers, and being a member on Hobby Talk.
So Ross how long you gonna try Oval this time? 3 months? 6 months? maybe, then away you go but not before you bad mouth and criticize the sport I love and have been doing for over 20 years.

Lets SUPPORT the people who are working to put some stability into the classes, not the idiots who come on here and type their crap.The Oval community is small , but its a close knit bunch of guys, from ALL over the States. I'm an Oval Racer who believes we need to circle the wagons. Stop letting Threads like "what happened to Oval racers" or "lets run this class" or "lets change this". If enough of us voice our opinion maybe we can stop these type of threads.
Hobby Talk is a forum to come to and ask questions about set-up, gearing, tire compounds, chassis differences, racing STUFF!!!

There are a bunch of members on here that need to get off the boards and spend about half that time prepping and tuning their car.
Thats where I'm headed
See Ya at the track
Wade

1 - 20 of 32 Posts