Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I here the rules for the 2016/17 TOUR series are out, yet I do not see anything on Hobby Talk. There have been several events that there have not been anything posted. Where does everyone get their news now?

Should I stick a "FORK IN IT" and call it done?:frown2:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I here the rules for the 2016/17 TOUR series are out, yet I do not see anything on Hobby Talk. There have been several events that there have not been anything posted. Where does everyone get their news now?

Should I stick a "FORK IN IT" and call it done?:frown2:
One word: FaceBook.

Allan has posted on TOUR's FaceBook page that there are no "significant" changes to 2016/2017 rules, other than the fact that the ProtoForm Gen6-T body is now legal for the 21.5 classes. Whether that means that that's the *only* body legal now, or, if it's *in addition to* the current legal bodies (C-HD, D-HD, F-MD, etc.) remains; Allan hasn't answered the question yet.

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
Allan Kathy Arrington Quote from Facebook on July 21 at 11:31pm.
"The rules will not have many changes. The main one will be with the 21.5 expert. The lack of availability of old style bodies for a very popular class. We have decided to go with the gen 6 body only for this class"

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have not found TOUR on Facebook. How is it listed. I just purchased and painted a CHD.:frown2: " MY BAD "for trying to get a head start. Not trying to bash TOUR. Allan I know you are trying to help!!! :thumbsup: Planning some local racing. Not sure beyond. Better not buy a motor until rules are in writing for 2016 though.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
TOUR on Facebook is a group... someone has to give you access...

Way I read post about 21.5 was that 21.5 EXPERT was to use the G6 body
Is that right?

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
There is no 21.5 expert class in the 2015/2016 rule book. I'm guessing that class will be added to the TOUR Class line up for 2016/2017. The Gen-6 will be the ONLY body legal for the class!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts