Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the company with the metal chips in the packaging? Are they still in business? My TRU got a 6 pack in way before Xmas and there's still one car hanging.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
AutoWorld still produces slot cars (see them at Hobby Lobby when I'm looking for M2s). The two TRUs I've been to recently had two of each color still hanging. I wouldn't mind having them, but not for $30.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Auto World has been producing some great 1/18's. However, I may be a bit biased as I helped in the development of a few of them, lol.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
There are a 3-4 of them left at my local TRU. Gathering dust, getting beat up. I said early on that making a custom car such as a widebody was a bad idea. If a company really wanted to show off their prowess they would first produce a "stock" car that everyone is familiar with. I think just about anybody (Jada included) can make a decent representation of a given car when creative liberties can be taken and the body distorted. I would like to be able to compare what I am seeing to the other popular, less expensive brands before commiting to a $15 1:64.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts