Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting around wondering what is going on with some of the people I was familiar with when I was racing. To name a few:

Joel "Magic" Johnson

Tony Niesinger

Masami Hirosaka

Richie King

Tom Crowe

Frank Palameda(sp?)

Chris Dosek

There are several others that I can see their faces but can't place their names.

If you know post it up here, but let's not make it a flame fest, like mama said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would like to add one to the list:

John "The Hammer" Smith. He ran dirt oval for JG back in the day. Where is he today? And does anybody have ant old pics of him and his sprinter?

Joe

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
im actually curious about the guys that use to run at Road Runners in Pa back in the 90's.

Rick Haentjens *sp
Tom Barnhart
Insane Jim Payne
Brad Warhurst

there was a ton of great racers im curious what there up to now.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Frank Polimeda has been racing real cars for the last 5 to 6 years. He's run sprintcars, 3/4 midgets, legends, nascar modifeds, and midgets. Right now he's all set for the ARDC midget season.
ScottH said:
I was sitting around wondering what is going on with some of the people I was familiar with when I was racing. To name a few:

Joel "Magic" Johnson

Tony Niesinger

Masami Hirosaka

Richie King

Tom Crowe

Frank Palameda(sp?)

Chris Dosek

There are several others that I can see their faces but can't place their names.

If you know post it up here, but let's not make it a flame fest, like mama said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

·
Registered
243 Posts
Joe, Tom Barnhart, If we are talking about the same guy is a photographer for Speed Sport News I believe. I see him at some of the northeast dirt oval tracks taking pictures for the publication he works for. Always ask if he's ever gonna get back into Rc racing and the answer always has been "I dunno"

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
ScottH said:

Joel "Magic" Johnson

Tony Niesinger

Masami Hirosaka

Richie King

Tom Crowe

Frank Palameda(sp?)

Chris Dosek

Joel is working in California and is a Vice President at Kyosho USA

Tony Niesinger is an avid 1/4 scale oval racers on the West Coast and made a return to On-road at the IIC last year.

Masami is still racing and winning World Titles.

Richie King- Rumor is the King is coming back in 07. Sounds like he spent a few days at the ROAR Nats in Greenville and even ran a few laps after the show.

Frank P - As mentioned is racing big cars.

Chris Dosek - Lives in Ohio and is still raring on-road at the top levels.

·
Registered
309 Posts
yeah r. king ran andy macs mod car after the race was over and ran it like he had been doing it nonstop took right off with a MOD after what 4 years off?more maybe

·
Registered
353 Posts
Road Runner

Porksalot4L said:
im actually curious about the guys that use to run at Road Runners in Pa back in the 90's.

Rick Haentjens *sp
Tom Barnhart
Insane Jim Payne
Brad Warhurst

there was a ton of great racers im curious what there up to now.
I ran there. I was in highschool and college at the time. I ran mostly dirt oval in the area back then but ran a Road Runner in the winter season. I have not had contact with any of the racers you noted. John has a dirt oval near Danville PA. that was really nice when I visited it a few years ago. Other than that there is not much going on with R\C in the Bloomsburg area that I know off.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
andy dobson
eric solderquest
chris moore
curtis strawn
don campbel (premeir designs) dirt oval

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
OL'DR said:
John "The Hammer" Smith pasted away a few years ago also.
How old was he? And what caused his death?

Does anybody have any old pics of John with his Big Boys Toys Sprint Car (conversion)? He was a dirt oval inspiration to me.

Joe

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hate to hear that about Tate. What happened and when?

I really like that guy. He was the first real "motor guy" that picked me up and he really took time to teach me some things. Even at a big race he would take time to maintain my motors.

May he Rest In Peace.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ScottH said:
I hate to hear that about Tate. What happened and when?

I really like that guy. He was the first real "motor guy" that picked me up and he really took time to teach me some things. Even at a big race he would take time to maintain my motors.

May he Rest In Peace.

He had a heart attack. I heared the news about 5 or more years ago!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts