Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as a beginner all I have to work with is my desk, sadly. I'm interested in what your work station looks like. I need a serious makeover to my station though, I'd like to see yours to get an idea. :) So this is what I have so far.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
It used to look like this.

It's now evolved into this:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Mine

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
What does my workbench look like? It looks like a bomb struck it!!
I'll post a pic as soon as I can get near it.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
My room is a huge mess right now. 4 on-going projects. Anyway here's a quick little look at my man-cave:

These pictures were from October of '08. I think, just like any other modeler, you try to stop and re-organize. It gives you a fresh approach to building again.

Chris

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy cow! Thanks for posting guys. I am moving soon so when I do I'm going to install a ventilation system like my grandfather did. Also I hope to get more paints, spray paints, brushes, tools ect. All of your work stations are very very nice, but I guess we all evolved from some point. Superduty, your ventilation is very nice, how'd you do it?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Holy cow! Thanks for posting guys. I am moving soon so when I do I'm going to install a ventilation system like my grandfather did. Also I hope to get more paints, spray paints, brushes, tools ect. All of your work stations are very very nice, but I guess we all evolved from some point. Superduty, your ventilation is very nice, how'd you do it?
Thanks. The dryer vent hole was left after I re-stationed our new dryer so I was able to vent my spray booth through that hole. I used some elbows and a dryer vent hose to run over the floor joists and out the side of the house. I then installed a dryer vent with flaps on the outside of the house. It works very well. The best money I have ever spent on a modeling tool.
Chris

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
This is what my work space look like after a project when I've cleaned and organized it. That doesn't last long once the next kit or sculpting project starts. :lol:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
well yes and no.. the move was forced when my landlord defaulted on his property taxes. 2 weeks before my move i found out that he hadnt paid the water bill for a year and a half either.... found out the hard way.

so it was a couple grand in expense and then a month's worth of very slowed output that was forced on me. great in the long run, but id have prefered a choice in the matter.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well yes and no.. the move was forced when my landlord defaulted on his property taxes. 2 weeks before my move i found out that he hadnt paid the water bill for a year and a half either.... found out the hard way.

so it was a couple grand in expense and then a month's worth of very slowed output that was forced on me. great in the long run, but id have prefered a choice in the matter.
I understand, either way nice job

1 - 20 of 44 Posts