Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... with the new year upon us, I am curious what you guys would like to see?

Contests and ideas??

more chat?

galleries?

What would you like to see?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Same here!! I was just looking at that on youtube yesterday..

I'd also like to see how the cars are painted, and riveted... if anybody has any insight into the process... what tools are used to rivet the cars...

·
Registered
198 Posts
How about a guide section where info like mentioned above could easily be searched for quick access to some of the processes involved with a custom/restoration.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about a guide section where info like mentioned above could easily be searched for quick access to some of the processes involved with a custom/restoration.
That was mentioned before and I am diligently working on that. It will be done in conjunction with Hot World Customs.

Any contest ideas - more contests, less contests, Don't care??

What other ideas??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Dioramas and Layouts would be cool for me. Also a how to of how to paint and detail cars. I know this is on HWC, but i think a youtube vid might be cool and very helpful :)

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
More of your customs so us slotcar guys can steal your ideas! You guys still amaze me and others on the SC forum. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup::thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I like what we have pretty much acrose the board. I know we will have the HTKK contest (By the way, we need to set the start date soon Dip and Gunn) and I might move the NO DRILL contest over to HT as well in the late summer / fall. I just have not made up my mind on that one yet.

But with the other contest that will come this year and a few races thrown in, I think were off to a good 2010!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
ward you can set the htkk contest time and date anytime with dip to make sure he has nothing planned with in those dates or times.
i have nothing planned this year on ht.:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I would like to see more contests too. But maybe not monthly. That can get kind of hard to keep up with. More chat is always a good thing. All in all though I think we have a good thing going already.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
htkk contest? I would like to see a monthly contest like swiftys
I host an annual contest ever year called the Hobby Talk Kustom Kontest , thus the HTKK (KK for the HT member that inspired the name).

My contest always have a twist, this one is that we all start with the same car....no rules, just start with the same casting and go anywhere you want to. Then the top three is by popular vote. This will be our 4th year and should be pretty cool. Every year we get bigger and bigger!

My NO DRILL contest is take a car (sometimes the same casting, sometimes not) and do anything you want but no drilling out the bottom!

As for monthly contest, I find that one every month become a bit burdensome. But I guess that does give you the chance to join the ones you want. But I do prefer fewer, longer, bigger events.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would really like to see some contests any would be good. Maybe a customs calendar with members voting on the twelve vehicles for 2011? I would really like to find a company to build tons of 1:64 custom wheels!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts