Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you like most on-road / off-road and 1/8 - 1/10 - 1/12 - 1/18 scale electric or nitro?

I personally like 1/12 scale on-road and 1/10 touring car - electric of course. Gotta be on your toes, thinking ahead and very in tune with your car and electronics.

The only thing I have not raced is nitro 1/10 and 1/8 scale but might try it sometime - especially on-road!

Post what you like and why.

·
Registered
241 Posts
1st: 1/10 Electric Touring. Why-Close racing, realistic cars, most difficult to tune.

2nd: 1/10 Mod Electric Truck. Why-Extremely fast, very nimble , and very durable

3rd: 1/10 Nitro Truck. Why-Too much power, durable, and very dirty.

I want to try 1/8th on-road, but no one races in the South. :cry:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My son and I run 1/8 scale nitro off road buggies all summer we love running on the ragged edge to get all the speed we can squeeze out of the dirt, all winter we run 1/10 scale touring sedans on carpet and when we just want to go out and bash around summer or winter and have some fun my daughter joins in and we get out the trio of t-maxx's and go out and run till its dark or we run out of fuel or spare parts which ever comes first :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
1/10th Electric Off road. Truck, buggy, 4wd, don't matter. Gotta love the "roost"

·
Registered
533 Posts
1/10th off road truck, bashing. just for the FUN OF IT!

have tried legends,truck off and on road. like those alot :)

Just wish i had somewhere to run around here tho! our club shut down but the tracks still there, sooo...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
1/18 pan cars. They're cheap, they don't break often, and the guys racing them are (mostly) not too serious about it. Even those who are serious (mostly) accept even a driver as inept as I am.

·
Registered
779 Posts
like? 1/10 electric monster trucks. roosts of dirt, gravel, etc, with the go-anywhere style of a MT. electric because of the torque and my dad wont let me mess with nitro :rolleyes:

love? DRIFTING! 1/10 electric. gimme some pavement and I'll be going sideways in no time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
1/10 & 1/12 carpet oval, because you have to have everything perfect & drive the right line to be fast all the time. I like to think of myself as a perfectionest & oval racing keeps me on my toes.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
mattyk6 said:
1/8th Gas Buggy - there's just something about the sound and smell of a nitro motor, plus all that power
That smell does get me going sometimes. I was out watching some people practice on our off-road track the other day & there is just something about that smell that sets me off. It's probably from my days of racing big cars, I loved to fire the race car up just to smell it burn that high octane racing fuel.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing compares to standing on the starting line and smeeling funny car nitro running - smells good but burns the eyes a little

1 - 15 of 15 Posts