Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you know about slower motors?
Dig this...
I am an artist and am working on a animated sculpture.
without going into too much detail I have a few gears/sprockets that I want to turn relatively slow. Also included are a few LEDs.

However because of my limited experience I am not sure what to buy or how to wire it up.

I am hoping I can simply wire this motor to a power source along with the LEDs. So that the end user can simply "plug it in".

I would like it to be a constant turn. And turn relatively slow, like 30 RPMs or less.

Do I need some sort of "control box" or a transformer to accomplish this?
What type of motor should I buy?

Again I apologize for being a laymen is this field but I've got to start somewhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there,

there are those motors the use in clubs (or used to use :) for turning the mirror balls. See if you can find one of those. They usually come in different sizes.

Concerning the LEDs, you need to get the electricity up through the turning pedestal, which is a problem for normal wires, because they twist up and rip.

You should try using a slip ring, if you can get it. If not, you could try using an earphone jack and plug, although they aren't build for that kind of use. I can't tell you how long that would work.

Those are the ideas I came up with, for now.

Greetings

TOm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts