Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think?? PICS ADDED!!!!!!

Hi Guys.

I am in the process of making a Diorama for my Fine Molds Falcon.However with all the Talented Modelers here on this board, I thought I would ask My fellow Modelers their thoughts. This is what I was thinking of doing....

An escape from the DeathStar Dio..Similar to the huge Attakus Dio.Showing Luke Blasting away at Stormtroopers when Vader Cuts down Ben.

The Falcon In the RebelHanger Bay on Hoth with an X-Wing..Or prior to her escape with a scratch built"suprise blaster Gun" comming out of the hull.

The Falcon on the Bespin Landing platform..

Now I know the FM Falcon is based on the Empire Strikes Back version, and doing any scene from A New Hope would be innaccurate. But what the heck!!

What have you guys done? I know a lot of guys just model the Falcon in flight(Looks awesome) But I like the well detailed Landing gear,which I customized with hanging cables etc..

So, Again what do you guys think?

High Regards,
Beatlepaul

R

·
0 Posts
Gotta go along with terryr on this one, Bespin landing platform.
Big yes but it will give you the chance to see round it from all angles which i personally think should be the point on a model like that.

Keep us informed !

Go easy.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I had considered the Bespin route as well. It would be fairly easy to recreate the recessed lgihts around the inner edge of the landing platform. Just use some 1/2 clear plexi with holes drilled to hold 3mm LEDS. Then paint the parts of the area that shouldn't have light showing through. Presto!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I like the Bespin idea. And although everyone hates the new scenes in A New Hope, I always thought a 'Falcon rising from out of the Mos Eisley spaceport would be a pretty cool diorama the way it's shown CGI.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
PhilipMarlowe said:
I like the Bespin idea. And although everyone hates the new scenes in A New Hope, I always thought a 'Falcon rising from out of the Mos Eisley spaceport would be a pretty cool diorama the way it's shown CGI.
That would be cool too PM. You could get some of the old Micro Machines Stormtroopers and show them standing and firing at the Falcon as it hovers into position. Even modify some of them to represent the stormies that didn't make it out of Docking Bay 94.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All very cool ideas guys. Looks like everyone likes The Bespin landing platform. Are there any plans/diagrams of the Platform? I know they used the 5' Falcon in the landing scene. And I think the diameter of the Platform was 6'.

Regards,
Beatlepaul

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Beatle,
that's the one I would have gone with. Simply because the standing figures provided support that scene over some others. Very well done. I chose the "no landing gear" inflight mode and just used the stand it came with. It's the care you put into the presentation that makes yours so much more than just the kit.

kudos!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sod accuracy! (I'm ready for the beating) Go with the death star escape. far more dramatic, especialy if you do the Darth v Obi fight in the background. Also, you've made a start!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts