Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my second place finisher from a contest I recently entered on another site. Let me know what you guys think.

The headers took forever, lol

I ditched the dieselboy front cap in favor of a more traditional grill

It has gotten a little more detail since the contest started. It's basically the same as you see here with the exception of the front tank, it's red now.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Well... WOW! That sums it up. A Halloween Hauler. Looks great! The front looks a lot better with the grill and lights. The 4-wheeler is a bit oversized to scale but looks good! What did you use for the side lanterns? Nice touch!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... WOW! That sums it up. A Halloween Hauler. Looks great! The front looks a lot better with the grill and lights. The 4-wheeler is a bit oversized to scale but looks good! What did you use for the side lanterns? Nice touch!

Thanks Bob.

The side lanterns are part of the casting. The silver paint just really brings them out.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That's too cool. The engine looks great and the headers feeding into those big pipes are a killer touch. The new grill looks a lot better and you just whipped out the frame for the trailer like it was nothing.

Real nice work.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

Yes I was busy for a little bit with this one, lol. The worst part was when I started the second header, I built it backwards.... I was trying to get them to look like a rib cage.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Hey! I commented on this thread this morning but I don't see my post. I think I closed the page before my comment loaded. Anyhow, I just mentioned that this is so freakin' cool that I can't stand it. That's all. Nothing important.:wave:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments guys. I had fun building this one. The quad was a last minute thing that was thrown together since my load of pumpkins failed. I agree the it is out of scale, but I couldn't have an empty trailer, lol I still kinda like it but I'm gonna tweak the exhaust and prolly repaint it. The top and bottoms halves don't match color wise and I don't like the huge discs inside the front wheels, so they will disappear too.

I'll be working on a few other projects next week, trying to hone my skills, lol. I have a direct challenge with SD ChopShop for the Vegas convention custom contest, so I just need to bring something perfect to the table. LOL

I think I"ll try a turbo setup next time....

·
Registered
289 Posts
... it got my vote too ...

Jason, this piece is sensational !!

Your engine detail alone is off the scale.
But the concept-vision of the whole set
is phenomenal ... very well thought-out.

A twin-10 engine ... your TEN-MILL is a
very special tribute to mega power-plants.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts