Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I collect Matchbox miniatures, from 1969 at the advent of Superfast up to date. That is it. no other scales, no other manufacturers.

I decided to just go with Matchbox because when I was younger growing up in England, we had Matchbox, Corgi or sometimes a few Majorettes or Sikus. Matchbox and corgi were the easiest to find, and I did not like getting the same model from 2 manufacturers that looked totally different from each other, so I decided to go manufacturer exclusive, and Matchbox were my favorite.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Predominatly JL muscle cars. I also like Military tanks, planes and ships. Spaceships and Movie/TV show cars. I try to keep it at the 1:64 scale on the cars at least. As to why, I was tired of seeing the same casting with a different name on it from HW and MB didn't appear to be putting out anything new that I wanted.
Richard

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
For me it started with Matchbox cars when I was about 8 or 9. My uncle got me into it. (I'm now 36) When MB was purchased by Mattel and went south, I went to Hot Wheels. Occasionally I would pick up a MB or two but mostly went to HW's. When the original line of Muscle Machines came out, I was hooked. This is now my main focus on collecting. I have stayed away from any scale larger than 1/64 and I don't buy any of the import tuner stuff. Just not my taste. I still buy HW's now and then but am more interested in the MM line. JL's have never peaked my interest although I have seen some nice stuff from them.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I get what I like, I try to stick to 1/64 and 1/18 scale, Hot Rods and Drag Cars are a main interest but also Vettes, Cobras Road Race cars, I also like Jada Toys style of cars, Old Skool, Road Rats, Dub City, Homie Rollerz, Im not into the Imports so Ive passed on them so far, only 1/64 too, but that may change, I hear theres a 1/18 49 or 50 Merc coming !
The coolest diecast Ive got latly is the Buick Y Job showcar in 1/18 by Anson, its a beauty!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I collect anything that interests me....classic, muscle, foreign(Ferrari, BMW, Porsche..pretty slim pickings on these, though). 1:18th and 1:64(majority is 1:64) And then I like to focus on my Firebird/Trans Am collection....but those are also few and far between compared to other castings.

But if a paint job really grabs me, I'll most likely buy it.

It would be nice to see a diecast company put out some quality/all metal trucks(both stock and wild). That's one niche that hasn't been filled yet....(I think the slammed look has been done to death, kinda getting old now.) Maybe that's next?? hmmmm...

·
Registered
308 Posts
First Generation Camaros 67-69 and 59-72 El Caminos. 1/64th scale and any brand. HW,MB,JL,MM,Tiger Wheels,Racing Champions.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My collection has samples of cars from all eras. This includes the 1930's era cars like the Bugatti's and the Auburn 851 (very nice looking cars!!) to the likes of some of the tuner imports.

stevbike

·
Registered
582 Posts
Good question!

pe_z said:
How did you decide what to collect?
I have chosen to focus my collection on 1:87 to 1:64 size vehicles because they require less display space.

pe_z said:
What do you collect?
These...

... any brand - every variation. ONLY HMMWV, HUMVEE, or HUMMER (H1).
and CREEPSTERS! (& the occasional "cool" vheicle I may find)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Any and all 1/64-scale Ford, GM, & Chrysler cars of ALL model years; my diecast is quite diverse (HW, JL, MBX, and others). I always figured that I'd stop "playing with cars" when I was in my late teens--I'm now 41 and STILL playing, with NO intention of stopping!

Rick

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
VW's

I collect Volkswagens of all sizes 1/64, 1/32, 1/24, 1/18. Any manufacturer any variation. I stick mainly to 1/64 for display purposes. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Mostly the 1:64 JL but have a few others. Man I wish I had the Matchbox cars I had when I was a kid. Had a couple carrier cases full. Would just play in the dirt with them. That was years ago. I do like the 1:24 and 1:18 scale (mostly Pontiac). Have them all over the place too. I've signed the card and sealed the envelope on that Danbury Mint 1:12 Chevy, just havent got the guts to put a stamp on it and mail it. $$$

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Lemans style endurance racers/ALMS/GT exotics/supercars/muscle/trans-am/can-am/funnycars all in 1/64 from hotwheels/JL/Matchbox/Maisto/Majorette/Tomica/Polistil/GMP/Norev/zylmex/Tiger
and a few more I can't think of!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I coll mostly MM-originals! - tuners- monster trucks- some JJ stuff(cars trucks&bikes)--
like some of the jada low-rats and the homies!! john force!!! some JL- some matchbox
HW doesn't do it for me except the redline stuff when i was young --pre 72--can't afford it so..... i buy what i like! even the dollar store BOLEY TUNERS are kinda kool
what ever ya like hey buy it!!!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If I may ask, where do y'all collect your 1/18 scale cars? Seems all of the store chains I visit are no longer stocking them. Our local Walmarts, Targets, ToysRUs, and KMarts stopped carrying them.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My dad was a collector of early series Matchbox ....he mostly bought me Hotwheels of the eighties...still have them all...about 200 of them...the Jeeps and 4x4's were always my favorites..today I mostly collect early muscle cars in JL or HW...love the early Camaros/Mustangs and Willys cars the most..

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I collect all scales, mostly 1:64, but I have approx.150 1:18'sall makes foreign & domestic, but I've got a soft spot for all things pontiac,especilly GTOs, especially 68-69

1 - 20 of 28 Posts