Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do ya bet that if Kerry is Prez in 2005 that a model kit of his swift boat will be released?

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL DEBATE THREAD!....Go some where else for that!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Fluke, I just asked that question to my Magic 8 ball and it said " You can bet your bottom dollar on it and it will be a ______________ kit.:lol:

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if a model of that kind of boat is already out or not? but you can be sure that if it is ....it will be modified with the right decals.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
Is it the same thing as the PBR from Apocalypse Now? Tamiya already has a 1/35 kit of it if so.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John,

I believe that he may have but the pics I have seen looks like the older larger 'swift' boats.

That Tamiya PBR MKII is one killer kit!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
I think it's a good idea to build that model.
I think it's a bad idea to build that model.
I think it's a good....

·
Registered
599 Posts
John P said:
Is it the same thing as the PBR from Apocalypse Now? Tamiya already has a 1/35 kit of it if so.
Swift boats (PCF's) were quite a bit larger than the PBR's and were technically not river craft (deeper draft, though not much). They were quite a bit faster as well (hence the nickname).

http://swiftboats.net/

·
Registered
821 Posts
Will it include figures of Kerry shooting the wounded VC troop? What about figures of his crew backing up his story?

Yeah, I know, no politics...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts