Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I saw this thread last year somewhere on Hobby Talk, no one has asked so I figure I will.
Myself: A personal gift was the new 18" Jupiter 2 from Moebius, then the wife shocked me right out of my Star Wars jammies when I opened up the box from Micro Mark and got my own Photo Etch System, oh if this thing works I'm going to be in heaven. Honey you did good...

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Model kit wise, I recieved the tin box AMT 18"er, Scuz-Fink, a 1933 Willy's Gasser kit from MPC and .....MR.....SPOCK! (Also in the tin.)

Sadly, one thing I got that I didn't ask Santa for was a Christmas Flu. :(

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I got a kind of gift as I ordered them but my wife said they would be the primary Xmas gift. And I got them on Xmas eve to boot. Anyway, a Moebius Jupiter 2, Polar Lights C57D, AMT Interplanetary UFO, Pegasus Alpha Centauri UFO, AMT Mr. Spock, and Polar Lights Witch. Now if she could only give me the time off to build all of them. But retirement is only a year away now.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I gave myself (not much family) the Moebius Jupiter 2, AMT Spock, an new Prince tennis racquet and some sneakers. My dad got me the Revell Germany 1/72 P-51 B Mustang in RAF Markings. Was a hard Christmas... my mom passed away this year...

But it was way cool tearing into the Jupiter 2 and Spock kits Christmas Eve.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
I got the Interplanetary UFO which I'm working on it now. I just airbrushed it with clear green. That way I can keep the glow. Now the decals. (Darn - no gloss clear coat). I also got a tin Mr. Spock which is going to sit next to my boxed Aurora Mr. Spock. A black Harley rob! The complete series Dogfights, which I'm watching now in my den as I build the UFO! SWEET!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Hi DJNick. Yes the first Xmas when a parent dies is always hard. I remember my dad died at the early age of 51 in 1976 and it was very hard on my mom as she was handicapped. I used all my spare money to buy her a watch she wanted even though at that time I didn't have too much money. My condolences, hope the models helped make a nice Xmas for you.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
For models, I got the Pegasus Apollo 27 and a resin kit from LPG of the rebel turret from Hoth from my Secret Santa on SSM. Being single, I had to do all the other shopping for myself.:) I have this coming on the 30th. http://www.anigrand.com/AA6003_Star_Destroyer.htm

It was also a hard Christmas. I lost my mother-in-law a year ago on Dec. 17th due to illness and I also lost my 17 year old daughter last New Years day in a tragic accident. So it's been pretty somber this season.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
they know what I want but never seem to deliver.

I did get a nice digital camera though.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My friend in Wales sent the regular box Mr. Spock! I've wanted one of these since they first came out in the 70's!!!!

(My Jupiter 2s arrive Christmas eve, but they weren't (intentional, at least) Christmas presents!!

Larry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kit wise, nothing, never do. Except for a few small goodies I got myself. My wife got me some DVD's, then surprised me with a laptop. I'm happy, but I could kill her as it was certianly not in our budget.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I got the Moebius big J2 kit (on the 26th),the Interplanetary UFO mystery ship,a Solarwind Vampirella (1/12th scale),and a Robby The Robot Hallmark ornament. I'm VERY impressed with each of them,all well done,still in so much shock at seeing the J2's huge and beautiful boxart. I am waiting for a quiet hour to open it. Did open the UFO though,and it has some cool decals for the inside of the shuttle bay. The Vampi kit is a very fine sculpt and casting. Mike Cusanelli is a great sculptor. That Hallmark Robby is excellent,need a B9 from them! A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS I'de say!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
A rock.

Oh wait. That was Halloween.

Edit.
I really should look at previous posts before I post.

Ok I bought a J2 and that 'came' from my wife.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I recieved two kits this Christmas,:thumbsup: (1) the revell " snap tite Y-wing" and (2) the 1/350 scale Moebius Seaview.
The Y-wing was done in about 45 minutes with intentions to invest some time on it later to do some detail painting ect. The Seaview is a WIP, but the base was finished today . Probably 4-6 more hours and she will be finished as well.
Also got a gift card for my local dealer at the fea market. He usually has some good kits there and I like to give him as much business as I can. Unfortunately for me (it's great for him) his selection is really poor right after the Christmas season, so I may have to wait a short while to redeem my gift card. I'm hoping to get a Moebius "iron man " kit if he has them in, or when he gets them back in, stock.

Model on... :wave:

Dave

1 - 20 of 39 Posts