Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas!!! Ok! What did ya get in the model dept? I got the Polar Lights Beatles all 4!!So what I really want to know is ...Who has built them and are there any tips or tricks from anyone that may be useful for when I get ready to buid mine? I also got the Voo Doo FX light kit for my X-wing!! Oh and wings for my Bat Plane....Hope everyone had a good christmas!!! Jeff

·
Oxidation Genius
31,359 Posts
HUGE chocolate Santa.
He's dead now. The autopsy will take several days.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I didn't do too badly.

I got a Polar Lights Munsters kit, to complete my collection of old Aurora repops, an AMT 1969 Barracuda, since that was a very cool car when I was a kid, and an AMT Klingon BoP as part of an office Secret Santa project.

I would have loved to have more, but I'd have to live to be 200 to build all the stuff I've got in my closets.

To all of you serving in the military, whether in CONUS or OS, my wishes for a peaceful and safe holiday. May all of you in OIF and OEF return safely to your families.
Jeff Brown, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Probably the best present was my new modeling desk! I had an old cheap particle board desk that the sides were bowing in on. Now I have a larger hard wood desk with drawers and and a cabinet! Wow. Still can't keep the cats off it though. I also bought myself for X-Mass the PL 1/350 Refit, 100 white 5mm LED's, 100 3mm white LED's, a green laser pointer, and a partridge in a pear tree.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I GOT ARRESTED !
Robiwon, let us know how the partridge tastes, I've never had one !!

·
Registered
404 Posts
My Mum in law always gets me something modeling related. This year, Monogram's 1/48 A-10. I'll save it for one of those masterpiece projects (like the 30 others) and spend ten times what the original model cost in aftermarket resin and PE. The "Silver Tuna" was my Dremel 400 XPR with all the bells and whistles. WOW, what a tool!

Non modeling related, I got two 1/6 scale busts of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. May sound silly to some, but they are beautiful. Two of my heroes, especially Jefferson.

And on the girly side, the MACK-daddy The Sound of Music DVD. We watched it today and the audio remix is INCREDIBLE in 5.1. I still need to watch the interview with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer on disc two. MAN she was a HOTTIE in that (and still is)!!! Everytime I watch it, I want to go to Austria and frolic in the mountains and run from Nazis!!!

Scottie

·
Registered
375 Posts
My wife loves me! She gave me a $50 gift certificate for HobbyTown USA and a copy of "Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop"!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I got some Norfolk & Western Steam locomotive DVD's taken in the late 1940's and early 1950's,
Strangers with Candy MOVIE DVD,
Maltese Falcon DVD,
Ice Station Zebra DVD,
a Ron White DVD, and
a "southern gentlemen comedy DVD(VERRY FUNNY!!)
classy sweater tops and
money enough for a new DVD player (NOT Blue Ray) but High def.
Now...do I get a Toshiba, Sony, Samsung, errr jest whut?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I always get Terrys Chocolate Oranges, and they always think they're the first one to think of it.

I bought myself a Hot Wheels Tumbler. [99 cents]

On the other hand, I didn't get drunk, fracked, or kill any relatives.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
^^ Those sex gift cards are great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Remember- what happens in Vegas...

...will show up on next month's Visa statement. :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts