Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I have only raced Sportsman twice, and I used the Walbro (QSAC approved) WYK-194 with a QSAC 8.5 plate on it. It ran great.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
IN2RACIN said:
I have only raced Sportsman twice, and I used the Walbro (QSAC approved) WYK-194 with a QSAC 8.5 plate on it. It ran great.
Where are you guys getting the -194 carbs? Or for that matter, any other carb beside the -32?

Thanks,
JB

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I bought mine from Pro1.

Joe39 said:
Where are you guys getting the -194 carbs? Or for that matter, any other carb beside the -32?

Thanks,
JB

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Has anyone bought from quarterscalecar (Cat5)?

I placed an order last Sunday the 14th. I received an order confirmation imediately and it noted there would be a following reply as to a ship date. So far a week later...no email and no parts. I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Carb setting

sprint2b said:
Ok I recieved my new WYK- 194 carb. Now where do I start with jet & other adjustments???
Here's a general starting point . Take the side screw on the carb and turn it in until it stops .Don't crank it in , just ease in till it stops . Then back it out 1 1/2 to 1 5/8 turns. Don't touch that screw again . Go to the top screw , turn it in all the way , again easy , then back it out 2 1/2 turns . I set the idle screw with the head of it to be approx . 1/8" from the stop . Take your belt off and crank it up . Let it idle a little , clear it out a couple times and let it settle back down to an idle . Then go back to the top screw , start turning it in until it reaches it's top rpm , you'll know when that is because once it does it will start to fall off , at that point , back it off 1/2 turn . Clear it out again and let it idle . If you have a tach , set the idle as close as you can to 4000 rpm . If you run into problems , I'm sure somebody at your local track can help you out .

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I prefer the WYK-32. You can run this carb in all QSAC classes. In Sportsman just add the restrictor plate.

Tim

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Different carbs.

NitroWolf said:
I prefer the WYK-32. You can run this carb in all QSAC classes. In Sportsman just add the restrictor plate.

Tim

Is there really any difference between the WYK-32 and WYK-194? both are 10.5 mm venturi. By looking at components i can't see any Diff.
Also why do some run the WYK-61 for Grand national it being a 9mm venturi.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts