Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
Looks like to me to be the Torino Stocker. In white it is probably from the Cork Screw play set. But is there any chance your castings or collection originated in Mexico? Another white version was issued there in 1983.

Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like to me to be the Torino Stocker. In white it is probably from the Cork Screw play set. But is there any chance your castings or collection originated in Mexico? Another white version was issued there in 1983.

Thanks. Just some of my late father's cars I was doing a little searching on. I dont think anything is from mexico, this one says Hong Kong, 1974. Most of the cars are late 60's early 70's.
Paint Recreation Electronic device Metal Art paint

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
If you are going by the dates on the base plates that maybe making it more difficult for you. That is the year the design was copyright but the casting may have used the same parts for many years after that. You can though usually get close by searching for the next year after that one to find the casting if you dont already have the name.

What make are the red and yellow ones in the lower right hand corner?

Is the Batmobile a Corgi?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are going by the dates on the base plates that maybe making it more difficult for you. That is the year the design was copyright but the casting may have used the same parts for many years after that. You can though usually get close by searching for the next year after that one to find the casting if you dont already have the name.

What make are the red and yellow ones in the lower right hand corner?

Is the Batmobile a Corgi?
Yes batmobile is a corgi junior. Red and yellow ones are matchbox. Say made by Lesley?
Vehicle Motor vehicle Yellow Toolbox Gas

Hand Red Motor vehicle Electric blue Machine

View attachment 325781

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
The Matchbox Case Tractor was introduced in 1969 by Lesney. It was issued in basically the same colors and design thru 1973 though. Sometimes the wheel design or steering wheel changed slightly. So pinpointing an exact year of distribution is not always possible.

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
This one would be the 4th version of the #18 casting and most often noted to be 18-D by collectors now. It was issued from 1964 to 1968. At Fandom the scale is listed as 1:102 but the notes indicate that each successive version grew a little bigger each time!

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
Does the tractor/tanker semi rig have any markings? What about the dark blue VW (?) and dune buggy next to the Batmobile. Are they Corgis as well?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does the tractor/tanker semi rig have any markings? What about the dark blue VW (?) and dune buggy next to the Batmobile. Are they Corgis as well?
Only markings on the semi is hung long and the number 1. I also have a yellow semi with a number 3. Next to the batmobile was a res baron missing the engine and a van. The vw is a playart.
Motor vehicle Finger Toy Circuit component Engineering

Finger Gas Wrist Engineering Nail

Motor vehicle Finger Reptile Engineering Electric blue

Hand Finger Material property Font Nail

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
I havent been able to find a definit match for either of the semis based on the printed information and the bottom shape. Can you add images of them showing the top view and a 3/4 view showing the fronts. TIA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts