Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this thread has popped up more than once before, but I haven't been on here in years.

What are your vintage holy grails? Excluding the obvious pink beach bomb :p

Mine would have to be both the original Twin Mill RL of any color and an original green Deora RL. I've always thought both those castings really represent Hot Wheels at their best, and I've always had a thing for the curves of the Twin Mill and the classic look of the Deora.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Playart Dodge Challenger in green or an unknown rare color besides red, yellow, and gold. I've only seen one picture of a green one.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
My vintage "Holy Grail" is a mint Prameta Mercedes-Benz 300 (with the Mercedes-Benz hood ornament intact......most are missing) and an original near mint box.

The salesman model on a stand is a rare item to find. I doubt if I'll ever get one.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
there is a Matchbox regular wheels red Pontiac and to find this same red one with transitional wheels and opening doors would probably be one of the most amazing things...if I could afford one is another matter.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just bought a purple Deora on the bay for $11 shipped, among a couple other prizes I can't wait to show you all. Its not in mint condition (but still good condition) and my grail will have to come carded but it was an amazing deal to last me until then! I will post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My 'holy grail', or as I would put it...my favorite would be Big Rig in BP, Ferrari and Mako BP w/guarantee's stapled to the BP (found these inside a race set this way)...and ElCamino mirror.

I also really dig my Playing Mantis LE VW Van's. Early years of PM they put out some really cool stuff!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
there is a Matchbox regular wheels red Pontiac and to find this same red one with transitional wheels and opening doors would probably be one of the most amazing things...if I could afford one is another matter.
EbaY BRAZIL for a genuine one or its a very easy custom to make at home - just buy a regular wheels example and swap its base over with that from a purple SF example.
My holy grails would be hot pink and white examples of the Playart Fiat Dino

·
Registered
28 Posts
My holy grail would be a mirror Topper toronado in a champagne pink color, sorta goldish with a hint of pink. Does anyone know of such a car? Oh wait, I have the only one.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mine would be a Mexican market Shelby Cobra 427 and/or mint 69 Club Boss Hoss. Guess its just a matter of getting off the wallet and getting them.

Hesitated and left a Mexican Cobra a couple years ago in Minneapolis...SIGH...shoulda, coulda, woulda.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Mine would be some of the cars I had as a kid but lost/destroyed, like the regular wheeled Matchbox Thunderbird, Cadillac Special, and Zodiak. Also the HW Redline AMX, Fleetwood, and T-Bird.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts